Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
Slow charge and not connecting to PC

i've had my SONY Touch PRS-650 for about 5 years now (which as i understand it, is the average life of the battery) and now it's starting to act up. i've left it to charge overnight and it still isn't fully charged and the battery drops pretty fast, within about 4 hours of constant use. are these signs of the battery dying? and if so, are there any ways to replace the battery?

another issue is, i was trying to add more books using calibre, but the screen never changes to show the USB connected screen. it just shows that it's charging. does anyone know why? this is the first time it's ever done this. i've rebooted and reconnected, but still the same thing.
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Sometimes a full on device shutdown works wonders. I know that's solved the issue when my computer won't recognize the Sony. Reboot computer, reboot ereader and hopefully they recognize each other again.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

i had tried that at the time, but it didn't work. today however it did... weird... but thanks for the help
Old 06-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Yeah! Glad it's working again for you.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can order a battery from NewPower99. You get the tools you need and they have an instructional video on how to replace the battery.

https://www.newpower99.com/Sony_PRS_...%20prs-650.htm
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You certainly can replace the battery, as Jon says, but perhaps you might consider replacing the reader? Screen technology has advanced considerably since the PRS-650; the contrast is a lot better, and front-lighting makes them readable in any lighting conditions from bright sunlight to darkness.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #7
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can order a battery from NewPower99. You get the tools you need and they have an instructional video on how to replace the battery.

https://www.newpower99.com/Sony_PRS_...%20prs-650.htm
thank you, i'll keep that page bookmarked for when the battery goes so i can replace it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You certainly can replace the battery, as Jon says, but perhaps you might consider replacing the reader? Screen technology has advanced considerably since the PRS-650; the contrast is a lot better, and front-lighting makes them readable in any lighting conditions from bright sunlight to darkness.
i'm aware that tech has changed, i just got a new reader, the Kobo H2O, but i still want to have my SONY as a back up.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
thank you, i'll keep that page bookmarked for when the battery goes so i can replace it
You battery is already going. Don't wait until it's gone.

Quote:
i'm aware that tech has changed, i just got a new reader, the Kobo H2O, but i still want to have my SONY as a back up.
If you primarily use the H2O, keep the 650 turned off to save the battery.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging battery, troubleshooting, usb connection