Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The perfect girlfriend :)

TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I know why she doesn't care...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Blah! Nowhere near perfect*. Here's what she's missing and what'd she'd need adding and some of what needs taking away :

1: Glasses (because Dorothy Parker was wrong)
2: Too much makeup.
3: Too little clothing, and not enough hats. One hat would do, mind, something strange, possibly hand-knitted and woolen. And plenty of layers; you know a frock underneath a big jumper that ends in some flat (not heeled) boots
4: The most important: where's her Liseuse? I'm afraid I can no longer be attracted to women who don't own a liseuse.

*This opinion in no way reflects that of the vast majority of other men, or sane human beings for that matter. All opinions expressed here are born of Moejoe's twisted mind and should be taken as such. Attraction not guaranteed if you own a wooly hat, glasses and a liseuse. If you do not like this opinon, please ask for a refund. If a refund is unavailable, then a hug of some kind may be offered (also not a guarantee). If you are Dorothy Parker risen from the grave to prove a point about glasses and passes, Moejoe's real name is Dan Brown and he can be found somewhere in America.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Talks a lot doesn't she?
Presumably she doesn't mind if you're not really listening.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Blah! Nowhere near perfect*. Here's what she's missing and what'd she'd need adding and some of what needs taking away :

3: Too little clothing, and not enough hats. One hat would do, mind, something strange, possibly hand-knitted and woolen. And plenty of layers; you know a frock underneath a big jumper that ends in some flat (not heeled) boots
4: The most important: where's her Liseuse? I'm afraid I can no longer be attracted to women who don't own a liseuse.
at last ! at last !! the rest of the world has finally caught up with me !! i'm now the perfect woman ! strange, hand-knitted woolen hat wearers with glasses and a liseuse unite ! o happy day !!!!

Quote:
*This opinion in no way reflects that of the vast majority of other men, or sane human beings for that matter. All opinions expressed here are born of Moejoe's twisted mind and should be taken as such. Attraction not guaranteed if you own a wooly hat, glasses and a liseuse. If you do not like this opinon, please ask for a refund. If a refund is unavailable, then a hug of some kind may be offered (also not a guarantee). If you are Dorothy Parker risen from the grave to prove a point about glasses and passes, Moejoe's real name is Dan Brown and he can be found somewhere in America.
damned !! and i was so excited, for a second there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Talks a lot doesn't she?
Presumably she doesn't mind if you're not really listening.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

So, I don't have glasses, don't care for hats, and don't own a lisueasue.
But I don't like makeup, love to wear sweaters and can't even walk on heeled shoes. And I do own three ereaders....
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Because of this thread I've come to the awful realisation that I can't find any Dorothy Parker to buy or download anywhere! Curse you ebook world for not having any Dorothy Parker!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Because of this thread I've come to the awful realisation that I can't find any Dorothy Parker to buy or download anywhere! Curse you ebook world for not having any Dorothy Parker!!!
well, on top of me discovering that even if you have the strange hand-knitted woolen hat and glasses, attraction *still* is not guaranteed (what more can anyone possibly ask for ???), this thread is just a heart-breaker all around, isn't it ? take comfort in the knowledge that at least for dorothy parker you can always just fire up the scanner...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, on top of me discovering that even if you have the strange hand-knitted woolen hat and glasses, attraction *still* is not guaranteed (what more can anyone possibly ask for ???), this thread is just a heart-breaker all around, isn't it ? take comfort in the knowledge that at least for dorothy parker you can always just fire up the scanner...
It will have to be the scanner, damnit! And I've still got a backlog of stuff that I'm working on putting into digital. I mean, why are there no ebooks of Thomas Wolfe's work, or Charles Jackson's The Lost Weekend, or Banana Yoshimoto? Yet I can find countless, endless copies of Dan *he's not a real writer* Brown!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
It will have to be the scanner, damnit! And I've still got a backlog of stuff that I'm working on putting into digital. I mean, why are there no ebooks of Thomas Wolfe's work, or Charles Jackson's The Lost Weekend, or Banana Yoshimoto? Yet I can find countless, endless copies of Dan *he's not a real writer* Brown!!!
it's a travesty !!! (<-- actually completely sincere, although in a somewhat silly way, and have my own list as well.)
Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Back on topic But here's a piccie of one of my many crushes (yes I still have them, and I'm not giving them up, so boo to you!). Jennifer Jason Leigh (who by happenstance, played Dorothy Parker in the excellent Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle).

No hat, which is shame, but she's covering most of the rest of my wishlist

Maybe we should have another thread with 'piccies' of everybody's perfect mate (even those who aren't single, which would cause some fun 'discussions')
Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Maybe we should have another thread with 'piccies' of everybody's perfect mate (even those who aren't single, which would cause some fun 'discussions')
you trouble-maker !
Old 11-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
you trouble-maker !
There's definitely a story in that somewhere, now if only I wasn't writing about Christmas, insomnia, mental patients, genius tramps and snow I'd have a crack at it
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
There's definitely a story in that somewhere, now if only I wasn't writing about Christmas, insomnia, mental patients, genius tramps and snow I'd have a crack at it
still teasing, i see.

(i think you should add it to the list, anyway.)
Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
still teasing, i see.

(i think you should add it to the list, anyway.)

I will and I will call it...er...um....The Girlfriend Equation (or something similar)