Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite animal as a pet?
Cat 45 39.13%
Dog 51 44.35%
Rabbit 4 3.48%
Rat 1 0.87%
Fish 4 3.48%
Goat 3 2.61%
Other 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Cat, dog or otter?

I wonder if mobileread memebers prefer cats to dogs? We did have a thread on this last year, but no poll.

My guess is that readers mostly prefer cats - cats will sit on a lap while you're reading. No problem.

Dogs insist on having walks - taking time away from books!

So - do you like Cats, Dogs, (and from the other thread, Rabbits, Rats, Fish and Goats) or Other?

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-15-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: irresistible mis-reading
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:54 AM   #2
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
If it was multi choice I would have voted cat & dog, but as it is not and I have two dogs and one cat I guess I had to vote dog
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I wanted to vote dog and fish.

I much prefer dogs to cats, but I ultimately chose fish. They don't require much attention, and when I forget to feed them for a while, they don't usually die.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
My dog will sit on my lap if I let her but at 65lbs thats not going to happen any time soon. One good thing about her ,yes ,she likes to go for a walk but when she see's me with my reader in hand she just goes and lays down where ever I am..*such a smart girl*
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I've just been listening to the cd of The Australian Romance Readers Convention. Author Angela Verdenius says about cats - "I'm down to 11. I had 14 but some of the oldies died."
She does have a breeder's license and takes in rescue cats I think.

She beat me times 2 - at one time I had 7 cats. But now I only have one.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Dogs are my favourite. I have two cats and I love them to bits, but still, dogs are much easier! I never had a dog walk all over my keyboard and now I have two cats fighting over it... (the right to walk over my keyboard that is, right on top of it).

And I generally can't read when either of the two cats is around, and especially not if they are both around. They only want to be petted!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
If it was multi choice I would have voted cat & dog, but as it is not and I have two dogs and one cat I guess I had to vote dog
Deliberately not multiple choice. So far, dogs are ahead... but it's very early days so far.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
My dog will sit on my lap if I let her but at 65lbs thats not going to happen any time soon. One good thing about her ,yes ,she likes to go for a walk but when she see's me with my reader in hand she just goes and lays down where ever I am..*such a smart girl*
Your doggie looks so much like the dog I used to have. He was part lab (coloring/face) and part greyhound (very tall and skinny) and he weighed about 75 lb (you could see his ribs, for his height, that was skinny) and he thought he was a lap dog all through his life. Everytime I sat on the floor, he'd sit right down on me. I really miss him. He was a *great* friend. Now I'm feeling sad. Miss you, Toby!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
I'm sorry GraceKrispy, don't be sad, My last dog was a black lab she had a great life for over 15 years ,now have this great blonde shes 3. Now I'm sad.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Dog, definitely dog. I get lots of exercise walking the dog.

WDE (WalkingDogEverywhere)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
technically the two cats i have are completely involuntary. but i've always preferred cats to dogs. dogs are too drooly, smelly, noisy ! and they need so much attention. and you have to take them outside for a walk every day, even when it's freezing cold and raining !!! one of my cats has a temperament a lot like a dog : she always wants attention, and she makes a lot of noise, and she often drives me a bit crazy.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Deliberately not multiple choice. So far, dogs are ahead... but it's very early days so far.

can i have a vote for each of my cats & dog?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
can i have a vote for each of my cats & dog?
You have to choose between them, or not vote. That's rather the point!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
why this poll materially different to others ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
technically the two cats i have are completely involuntary.
From who's point of view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
but i've always preferred cats to dogs. dogs are too drooly, smelly, noisy ! and they need so much attention. and you have to take them outside for a walk every day, even when it's freezing cold and raining !!!

My dog has been following me around all morning putting her head in my hands whenever I stop petting her. She just can't get enough today. This is after about 3 hours of it.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote