Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
My 1st book

Found this yesterday at home, while relaxing and reading at my office

Is a latin book, of course. Its name is "Zoro".

The few words are an affectionate message from my dad.

It was my 1st book (not textbook or school I mean) 30 years ago, I was about 7 or 8 I believe ...

jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Your father is mean! Giving you a Latin book at that age... Most parents would give their children a children's book they could actually read
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Your father is mean! Giving you a Latin book at that age... Most parents would give their children a children's book they could actually read
Hahahaha ...

Actually, was a smart guy! I also read a bunch of comics at that age. At some point, I had over of 500 comics. But "Zoro" is a children's book, easy to understand.

At 4 or 5, I was reading almost perfectly, very fluid!

He was a lawyer / judge, by the way.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Here is a tool to help: translate.google.com, this web site will translate any text from one of about sixty-four different langueges to another languege. I think this may be a help as you read stay near a computer and pull the web site up on the screen so that you can type any phrase that you have problems with on the web site and have it automatically translate the phrase to your native languege.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Here is a tool to help: translate.google.com, this web site will translate any text from one of about sixty-four different langueges to another languege. I think this may be a help as you read stay near a computer and pull the web site up on the screen so that you can type any phrase that you have problems with on the web site and have it automatically translate the phrase to your native languege.
Maybe I need more coffee this morning! ;-)

I do not understand your comment, or should I say, your point ...