Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
journey711
Enthusiast
journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 2, Sony PRS350
Slow page turns

I have recently aquired an Astak 5" EZ Reader. I have been getting library books with this reader and all has been well til the past couple of days. The page turns have gotten so slow, that I am double paging then having to go back because I think I haven't done it properly. The battery is fully charged. Is there something else I should check?
journey711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey711 View Post
I have recently aquired an Astak 5" EZ Reader. I have been getting library books with this reader and all has been well til the past couple of days. The page turns have gotten so slow, that I am double paging then having to go back because I think I haven't done it properly. The battery is fully charged. Is there something else I should check?
You're double paging might be because you are holding down the page turn button too long. Press and hold moves you forward ten pages at a time.

Have you tried turning pages in other books, especially ones that worked well for you in the past? Sometimes a poorly formatted book will cause problems with rendering.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Polly may have hit it right.
I recently had a book wit a trash dump sized style sheet that brought the PEz to it's knees in page turn speed. Opening a different book did not recover the speed.

REBOOT,
Set the clock

and all was well
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
journey711
Enthusiast
journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks for the help. How do I reboot? Just turn off then back on?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks for the help. How do I reboot? Just turn off then back on?
Long Press on the power button is the normal way (short press, just locks, so if you see the locked message...Try again )

Remember to reset the clock after every boot.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
journey711
Enthusiast

Thanks all, Reboot did the trick.