Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I wish I could send karma to that honest soul!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Wow --- yay!! Glad to hear it came back to you!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #18
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Yeah! So glad he got his Kindle back and blessing on the person who returned it.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #19
ny1love
ny1love began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just lost my kindle today, either it fell from my bag while I was walking to the subway station (I had headphones on and music banging so there is a chance I did not hear it hitting the soft snow) or somebody took it while I was getting into the crowded subway station (highly unlikely)

To think that I almost forgot it and actually came back to my room to get it makes me wish I had forgotten it, at least that would have been a day without a kindle not this torture of almost addiction borne like withdrawal symptoms.

Contrary to the advice of turning it off, I went to Amazon.com and changed the name from "(MyFirstName's) Kindle" to "PlsCall(MyCell#)-Reward"

From there I emailed a document to my kindle email myusername@kindle.com saying

"To the person with my lost Amazon Kindle e-Book Reader
I lost this e-book reader on my way to work. My name is (MyFirstName) my number is (MyCell#) pls call or text my email is myusername@yahoo.com. Please call, I have a lot of work related material on that device that I would like to recover. I will reward.
I once found a lost cellphone and the owner called and I returned it"

All that I am hoping for now is that.

1. I didn't drop it somewhere where it would be squashed (in the middle of the road etc)

2. The remaining charge can keep it going for some time.

3. The one who has it is minimally tech savvy, enough to know to turn the wireless on or find an appropriate charger.

4. The person will be able to turn it on and find my number in the top right corner and or receive the document I sent

5.The person will have the heart, or be motivated enough with the reward to contact me

6. Good karma from my returning a lost cellphone will work for me.

A bit of a stretch but what more can I do.

In the back of my mind I keep hoping I forgot it on some obscure corner of my room.

Oh, the withdrawal symptoms! No more New York Times,The Nation Newsweek,Time, The Snowball and a few thousand classics/ oldies from www.feedbooks.com

I just got a text message that made me jump with anxious anticipation, only to find a damn Sprint unsolicited text message "SPRINTFREEMSG: Picture Mail is now available for your device at http:// blah blah blah, I could care less about Picture Mail right now.

I need a miracle.The reasoning pragmatist in me is hopeless.Almost to the point of thinking about shelling another $ 350, at a time when the first $ 350 was only justifiable because I am an enthusiast.

The usability of a technological device is directly proportional to the havoc caused by the failure/ absence of that device.The more usable a device/ technology is, the harder the fall when it is lost/ fail

And just in case a techno savvy evil weirdo gets hold of it, I am monitoring my account and will quickly deactivate in a day or two.I just want to make sure my document goes through and my change of name to my cellphone is implemented.

Last edited by ny1love; 01-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.
ny1love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Wow, ny1love, my sympathies. I can definitely feel your pain.

If I found it, I wouldn't accept a reward, I've never understood that concept, but hopefully, whoever does find it will be encouraged by it to return it to you.

Good luck, and please be sure and post when you get it back!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny1love View Post
I just lost my kindle today, either it fell from my bag while I was working to the train station (with headphones and music so there is a chance I did not hear it hitting the soft snow) or somebody took it while I was getting into the crowded subway station (highly unlikely)

To think that I almost forgot it and actually came back to my room to get it makes me wish I had forgotten it, at least that would have been a day without a kindle not this torture of almost addiction like withdrawal symptoms.

Contrary to the advice of turning it off, I went to Amazon.com and changed the name from "(MyName's) Kindle" to "PlsCall(MyCell#)-Reward"

"To the person with my lost Amazon Kindle Book Reader
I lost this book reader on my way to work. My name is (MyName) my number is (MyCell#) pls call or text my email is myusername@yahoo.com. Please call, I have a lot of work related material on that device that I would like to recover. I will reward.

1. I didn't drop it somewhere where it would be squashed (in the middle of the road etc)

3. The one who has it is minimally tech savvy, enough to know to turn the wireless on or find an appropriate charger.

4. The person will be able to turn it on and find my number in the top right corner and or receive the document I sent

5.The person will have the heart, or be motivated enough with the reward to contact me

In the back of my mind I keep hoping I forgot it on some obscure corner of my room.

Oh, the withdrawal symptoms! No more New York Times,The Nation Newsweek,Time, The Snowball and a few thousand classics/ oldies from www.feedbooks.com

I just got a text message that made me jump with anxious anticipation, only to find a damn Sprint unsolicited text message "SPRINTFREEMSG: Picture Mail is now available for your device at http:// blah blah blah, I could care less about Picture Mail right now.

I need a miracle.The reasoning pragmatist in me is hopeless.Almost to the point of thinking about shelling another $ 350, at a time when the first $ 350 was only justifiable because I am an enthusiast.

The usability of a technological device is directly proportional to the havoc caused by the failure/ absence of that device.The more usable a device/ technology is, the harder the fall when it is lost/ fail

And just in case a techno savvy evil weirdo gets hold of it, I am monitoring my account and will quickly deactivate in a day or two.I just want to make sure my document goes through and my change of name to my cellphone is implemented.
Oh goodness I hope you get it back! I have my fingers crossed for you!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
ny1love, I maybe paranoid, but forgetfulness & losing things is why I put a sticker with name, address & telephone number on both my readers and their cases.

Luckily, I have not lost one so far. Sympathy!!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
ny1love, I maybe paranoid, but forgetfulness & losing things is why I put a sticker with name, address & telephone number on both my readers and their cases.

Luckily, I have not lost one so far. Sympathy!!
And why your loved one puts one on you!

wait, that didn't sound right, I meant because you get lost, not they they were forgetful.........oh, crap, nevermind.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I keep a business card in my case for that reason, too. My husband does now that he's had the experience of losing his. We were so lucky that a nice person found it and turned it in to our transit systems offices. I would suggest you check craigslist in your area. Maybe someone has posted about it.

Good luck! I hope you get it back.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #25
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
eek, I hate these lost gear stories that don't have a happy ending. I am so paranoid about losing my ipod touch that whenever I leave somewhere (the office, a bar, a coffee shop) that I always check it's in my pocket.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny1love View Post
I just lost my kindle today, either it fell from my bag while I was walking to the subway station (I had headphones on and music banging so there is a chance I did not hear it hitting the soft snow) or somebody took it while I was getting into the crowded subway station (highly unlikely)

To think that I almost forgot it and actually came back to my room to get it makes me wish I had forgotten it, at least that would have been a day without a kindle not this torture of almost addiction borne like withdrawal symptoms.

Contrary to the advice of turning it off, I went to Amazon.com and changed the name from "(MyFirstName's) Kindle" to "PlsCall(MyCell#)-Reward"

"To the person with my lost Amazon Kindle e-Book Reader
I lost this e-book reader on my way to work. My name is (MyFirstName) my number is (MyCell#) pls call or text my email is myusername@yahoo.com. Please call, I have a lot of work related material on that device that I would like to recover. I will reward.

I lost things often, I lost my iPod Touch 16G once and it never came back and my family give it as a birthday present(again).

I totally sympathy with you and pray for you that your kindle will come back for you.
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #27
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Good thoughts are going out to you-I hope you get it back. I remember reading of someone who left theirs in the seatback pocket on an airplane - never heard if they got it back. I too have the business card inserted-since it would take some looking to figure out how to get a power cord (and how do you get a USB?) I hope it does come back (knock on wood). I left my purse in a cab, and got back everything (blackberry, credit cards, phone) except the $100 I had hidden under a flap. Didn't have an ipod with me.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
/ me going to get business card!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #29
coolcat1901
coolcat1901 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yeah, putting your business card on your Kindle in case it gets lost is always a good idea... I've done this since I got mine.
coolcat1901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #30
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
And why your loved one puts one on you!

wait, that didn't sound right, I meant because you get lost, not they they were forgetful.........oh, crap, nevermind.
It's more likely they put me on a hit list.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote