Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 AM   #781
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
There are no reports of a Mini receiving the 3.2.0 update but those wanting to walk on the bleeding edge could try the Mark 4 hardware link.
so would you recommend the adventurers go for the zip file, or for the .tgz only?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #782
jpelgrom
jpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle (7th Gen.), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Here are the download links I've found for the Kobo 3.2.0 firmware updates:

Mark 3 Hardware: Touch N905/N905B

http://download.kobobooks.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip

Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD, Glo, Touch N905C Model

http://download.kobobooks.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip

Mark 5 Hardware : Aura

http://downloads.kobobook.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip

There are no reports of a Mini receiving the 3.2.0 update but those wanting to walk on the bleeding edge could try the Mark 4 hardware link.

Good luck,
David
The update file for the Mark 3 hardware doesn't include a upgrade directory, and because of that no update is installed when the files from the zip are copied over to the device.
jpelgrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #783
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelgrom View Post
The update file for the Mark 3 hardware doesn't include a upgrade directory, and because of that no update is installed when the files from the zip are copied over to the device.
Simply copying a KoboRoot.tgz file into the .kobo directory will trigger the update process, the upgrade directory is not necessary for the process. The beta testers have often mentioned that their updates are supplied as a KoboRoot.tgz file. It has also been mentioned that the Touch update does not include a kernel update while the Glo/Aura HD/Aura updates do.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #784
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
so would you recommend the adventurers go for the zip file, or for the .tgz only?
I'd suggest the .tgz only.

Regards,
David
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #785
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Thanks.

The working Mark 5 link is: http://download.kobobooks.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip
Very interesting since I downloaded a kobo-update-3.2.0.zip file using the kobo5 link. The three files I downloaded were:

Kobo3: 65,128,642 bytes
Kobo4: 89,897,908 bytes
Kobo5: 71,438,975 bytes

I just checked with: download.kobobooks.com//firmwares/kobo5/kobocares/kobo-update-3.2.0.zip and it downloaded the Kobo5 file.

I'll double check the link in my original message to see if I managed to introduce a typo.

Checked link and I had downloads.kobobook.com instead of download.kobobooks.com in the link. I've corrected that.

Could you add the corrected link to the first message.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-25-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Checked link and corrected
Old 02-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #786
SilversV
SilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Unhappy Kobo Glo Probleme

Hello everybody,
I have a problème with my glo.
I have buy it today and when I start it, it say to me to configure it by wifi of PC.
When I plug it into my pc, it open folder (F:\) contain .kobo ...etc ok
I install KoboDesktop 3.6.0, it detect my kobo and click sur start configuration. Now it deconnect imediatly my kobo and say that i need to connect it.
My Drive F is unknow and Windows say to format F:\ but it's format unknow too...
I decide to make update on wifi because of pc. I do it and all is ok, it download Firmware 3.1.1 but after that i can connect to my pc anymore. It's the same f:\ unknow...

I do Factory reset, i plug it ok, i see folder.
I make the wifi solution without try with KoboDesktop and when the kobo upgrade to 3.1.1 same. F:\ just unknow. But I can't start it without do upgrade... I don't know what can I do and I appreciate à good help of you all guys, it's a very bad thing...

Thanks a lot really ...
SilversV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #787
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
thanks a lot for this so usefull post and for those who know how to give us access to each new firmware
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #788
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I'd suggest the .tgz only.

Regards,
David
thank you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #789
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilversV View Post
Hello everybody,
I have a problème with my glo.
I have buy it today and when I start it, it say to me to configure it by wifi of PC.
When I plug it into my pc, it open folder (F:\) contain .kobo ...etc ok
I install KoboDesktop 3.6.0, it detect my kobo and click sur start configuration. Now it deconnect imediatly my kobo and say that i need to connect it.
My Drive F is unknow and Windows say to format F:\ but it's format unknow too...
I decide to make update on wifi because of pc. I do it and all is ok, it download Firmware 3.1.1 but after that i can connect to my pc anymore. It's the same f:\ unknow...

I do Factory reset, i plug it ok, i see folder.
I make the wifi solution without try with KoboDesktop and when the kobo upgrade to 3.1.1 same. F:\ just unknow. But I can't start it without do upgrade... I don't know what can I do and I appreciate à good help of you all guys, it's a very bad thing...

Thanks a lot really ...
You could try downloading the 3.2.0 firmware for the Glo and then manually installing it. If this doesn't work, I'd suspect the internal uSD card in the Glo is having problems and you should start the exchange or return process.

To manually install the file, download the upgrade file from:

http://download.kobobooks.com//firmw...date-3.2.0.zip.

While the file is downloading, connect your Glo to your computer, check it mounts as a drive and you can see the .kobo directory. Do not run the Kobo desktop app at this time.

Once the update file finishes downloading, open the .zip file and copy the upgrade directory, the KoboRoot.tgz and manifest.md5sum file into the .kobo directory on your Glo. If the directory/files copy and you can still see the drive, you can now safely eject your Glo and it should start the upgrade process. When it is finished, reconnect it to your computer and see if the drive is still visible. If it is, start the Kobo desktop app and go through the setup process.

If at any point in this process, your Glo's mounted drive disappears, see the comment about starting the return or exchange process.

Bonne chance!
David
Old 02-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #790
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
While the file is downloading, connect your Glo to your computer, check it mounts as a drive and you can see the .kobo directory. Do not run the Kobo desktop app at this time.
The "unknown format" message he reported would indicate that this approach won't work. Perhaps a factory reset?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 AM   #791
SilversV
SilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of lightSilversV is a glorious beacon of light

Ok so, i do a factory reset because before configuration my PC detect my kobo. I put the update on it. The kobo has install it. Now it say me to configure it. I plug it into my USB, Windows and KoboDesktop detect the kobo, and the drive is mount correct. I do the configuration and BOOM the kobo is disconnected and the drive is unknow. If it's material, why before configure it, it works ? I have possibility to not do configuration ?

Last edited by SilversV; 02-26-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:59 AM   #792
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Could you add the corrected link to the first message.
If you mean my first post in this thread, already done. I don't post links I haven't tested. Due to the typo, I got the link by using the Mark4 link and changing the number to 5. Then I saw where the typo was (actually, removed the extra 's' without putting in the missing one, but I then fixed it when the link didn't work).
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #793
SilversV

Another information : In the param of kobo i can see Internal Stockage : 247 mo ...
Old 02-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #794
ziemowy
ziemowy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
I've manualy upgraded my Kobo Mini device to version 3.2, by using Mark 3 firmware .
ziemowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #795
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilversV View Post
Ok so, i do a factory reset because before configuration my PC detect my kobo. I put the update on it. The kobo has install it. Now it say me to configure it. I plug it into my USB, Windows and KoboDesktop detect the kobo, and the drive is mount correct. I do the configuration and BOOM the kobo is disconnected and the drive is unknow. If it's material, why before configure it, it works ? I have possibility to not do configuration ?
Before disconnecting from the computer you can delete the upgrade file from your Kobo. Then the Kobo should be authorized but not upgraded so should be able to read on it and do a manual upgrade if you wish.

Then make a backup of your kobo drive in case you accidentally upgrade it. A straight disk copy is file good enough and then if upgrade happens factory reset and copy back the files. (better ways to do it I am sure, but works for me and is simple)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote