Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast
daniel_hokkaido began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 505, pocketbook pro 603
how to add favorites?

Hi,

I have the 603 pro

Never thought to use the favorites option, but what with the 2.1.2 filtering menu I think it would be handy to get at some stuff just that bit quicker.
Are favorites something to be selected on the device (couldnt see anything to indicate this) or something that needs be done when the device is plugged into the computer?

is there some way of selecting a book as a fav, and if so how does one do it?

thanks!
daniel_hokkaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
First thing is that you have to register your device with PocketBook. After that, it should show up in the menu that you can pop up when selecting a book.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast

Hey

You mean register with bookland? To get an account there? I did that when i got the device, mostly to just check out the store and download some books.

So am i missing something else?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
From the Pocketbook 603 user's guide. It's in the library.

'ОK' – confirms selection. Keep 'ОК' pressed for a few seconds to open context menu.

Commands available from context menu in "Library‟:
  • Open;
  • Information;
  • Mark as read/clear mark;
  • Add to favorites;
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hokkaido View Post
Hey

You mean register with bookland? To get an account there? I did that when i got the device, mostly to just check out the store and download some books.

So am i missing something else?
Yes, I meant register with bookland. When you press the menu button (with the icon of the open book) while you have a book highlighted in the Library app, you get a pop up menu. One of the menu items should be "Add to favorites". I'm still using older firmware (2.0.4), and I hope the new firmware still works this way. Do you not see that item in the menu list, or am I mixed up about what you want?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast

ok that worked! All is now clear. thanks guys!