Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
phil_ga
phil_ga has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.phil_ga has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.phil_ga has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I09 plugin stopped working

I use about 9 news plugins and love them to death!
Suddenly in the last 2 weeks I09 has stopped working, downloading only the TOC. I have tried to understand how these work to trouble shoot - but even after a lot of time on this to work it out, I could not work out the codes at all.

Am i alone? Is the plugin a problem or did the website change so that it no longer works right?
phil_ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ga View Post
Am i alone? Is the plugin a problem or did the website change so that it no longer works right?
You are not alone. The site has changed. Since the recipe is anonymous, I'll take a quick look at it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I'll take a quick look at it.
It's not a trivial fix. The old recipe deleted/kept content using tag identifiers. The simplest test is to turn off the tag-based content deletion to see if the desired content shows up. It doesn't. It also won't show up in a browser if scripting is blocked. The site is doing something fun to show ads, prevent scraping, etc. It can be worked around, but will take time to figure out.

If anyone else wants to work on it, here's some code to strip out the numerous VIDEO links:

Code:
    def parse_feeds (self): 
      feeds = BasicNewsRecipe.parse_feeds(self) 
      for feed in feeds:
        for article in feed.articles[:]:
          print 'article.title is: ', article.title
          if 'VIDEO' in article.title.upper():
            feed.articles.remove(article)
      return feeds
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote