Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
TabathaB
TabathaB began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Editing medadata and transfering back to nook

So I uploaded my books and realized they were in alpha order by book title which I didn't like so I decided to name the books by the series name first so it would sort it better. I changed the medadata and resent it to the nook and nothing happened. So my question is, when editing medadata for books you already sent to you device do you have to delete the old unedited version off your device first and then resend it or is there an easier way? Because I did it that way since I couldn't figure it out and then it removed all by books from my book shelves in which I lost my page numbers that I was on. I hope this question isn't too confusing.
TabathaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabathaB View Post
So I uploaded my books and realized they were in alpha order by book title which I didn't like so I decided to name the books by the series name first so it would sort it better.
I'm unsure of your bigger question because I have a Sony and it all just works automatically with calibre.

What I am sure about is that you shouldn't waste your time changing the titles in your library so they show up the way you want them to on your Nook. There are metadata plugboards that allow you to setup your books so the names are changed on the fly as they are sent to your device.

Read the "Techniques to use plugboards, custom columns and templates" sticky post for examples on what I'm referring to. I use the guidelines under the General Metadata spoiler tag. My books are renamed on the fly, below are examples of how they are sent to my device.

Series: The Lord of the Rings
Series index: 2
Title: The Two Towers
Output: LotR [02] The Two Towers

Series: Dahak
Series index: 1
Title: Mutineers Moon
Output: Dahak [01] Mutineers Moon

Series: Berserkers
Series Index: 4
Title: Berserker Throne
Output: Bers-kers [04] Berserker Throne

Series: Meg Langslow Mysteries
Series Index: 3
Title: Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos
Output: MLM [03] Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos

There are many other examples on the page to explore, but this is the plugboard I use.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert