Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
a snow play day!

we have our first snow of the season and Strider and Arwen got to see their first snow! (I also was able to borrow a camera again!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stridersnow1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	61643   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwensnow1.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	61644   Click image for larger version

Name:	stridersnow2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	61645   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwensnow4.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	374.0 KB
ID:	61646   Click image for larger version

Name:	pisnow1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	61647  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Awww.... cute!
all of my cats hate snow! Sticks to their little paws!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
and more...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	arwendan.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	61653   Click image for larger version

Name:	bothsnow3 (2).jpg
Views:	164
Size:	406.9 KB
ID:	61654   Click image for larger version

Name:	horsenose2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	61655   Click image for larger version

Name:	horsenose1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	61656   Click image for larger version

Name:	bothsnow3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	61657  
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Awww.... cute!
all of my cats hate snow! Sticks to their little paws!
they're not REAL sure about it!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
It was 35 (that's Celcius!) here yesterday and expecting much the same today - so those snow pictures were very welcome. I remember seeing a friend's dog meeting snow for the first time - he rushed out into it in great excitement and then after about 3 minutes stood there whimpering - if he could speak I think he would have said "you didn't tell me it was COLD!"
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
[your first horsenose pic would make a great Xmas card!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
It's a great shot. It startled me though - I didn't scan the thumbnails, just went straight for the full-screen shots. I saw a big blotch of brown and said "which cat is that?", then sat back and really looked at it and burst out laughing!

You really need to keep a camera handy, KK. Thanks for these.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
It was 35 (that's Celcius!) here yesterday and expecting much the same today - so those snow pictures were very welcome. I remember seeing a friend's dog meeting snow for the first time - he rushed out into it in great excitement and then after about 3 minutes stood there whimpering - if he could speak I think he would have said "you didn't tell me it was COLD!"
w0w! I think it is about 23F here, STRONG winds now. power has already gone out a few times. I have the oil lamps and the toilet flushing water ready!

Quote:
really? would have to be pretty goofy! ;o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
It's a great shot. It startled me though - I didn't scan the thumbnails, just went straight for the full-screen shots. I saw a big blotch of brown and said "which cat is that?", then sat back and really looked at it and burst out laughing!

You really need to keep a camera handy, KK. Thanks for these.
yeah, I need to get my camera act together. thanks! ;p)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

here are some more kind of sad ones. these are from the memorial/rally I went to last week for the murdered Newfoundland. it was amazing to have all of these dogs together in a fairly confined space and you could have heard a pin drop. they knew what was up.
(didn't want to start another thread but wanted to share them)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rosie1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	61658   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	61659   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie3.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	61660   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	61661   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie5.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	61662   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie6.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	61663   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie7.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	61664   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie8.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	61665   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie9.jpg
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	61666   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie10.jpg
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	61667   Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie11.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	61668  
Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I was going to ask you to post some snow pictures -- I'm so glad you did!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Nice pics KK, thanks for sharing!! Is Strider behaved enough he can be trusted off leash like that all the time?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Nice pics KK, thanks for sharing!! Is Strider behaved enough he can be trusted off leash like that all the time?
he's doing pretty darn well. I was fairly confident that he would not go to far afield in the snow and cold. indeed, he set the timing of our return inside. all of a sudden he just turned and headed for the door. during the summer when I was working in the garden I would let him trail his leash behind him knowing I could catch the leash or it would get hung up on something if he decided to take off. Arwen now, has much stronger butterfly tendencies. she needs to be secured, or dragging something fairly heavy that slows her down