Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Archos 80 G9 - Interesting

Archos 80 G9 looks interesting. Any body know anything about it? Here is a link to a review.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/12/archos-80-g9-review/

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
michaelryannh
Connoisseur
michaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi
Honestly, I've tried many archos tablets.

Maybe this one might be different, but I think I am forever deterred away from them.

The response time was always slow, never comparing to the major retailers of tablets.

And don't let the honeycomb fool you.. Just because it is running honeycomb, doesn't mean it runs Honeycomb well.

My friend has a knock-off tablet reader that was running Android 1.6 (1.6!).
I installed Honeycomb on that easily with a couple of software mods, but it doesn't run it that well (Corners of Tablet heats up fairly hot, almost burning your skin/ Screen is very laggy doing simple tasks.)

But.. You never know! I wouldn't try it, but if you have the 300 to spare. Go for it.
michaelryannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelryannh View Post
Honestly, I've tried many archos tablets.

Maybe this one might be different, but I think I am forever deterred away from them.

But.. You never know! I wouldn't try it, but if you have the 300 to spare. Go for it.
I have heard similar comments but a couple of reviewers that I think do a good job indicate that this one is of a different quality.

I pre-orderd a 16GB model so only time will tell.

Thanks for your input. The company I ordered it from has a pretty good return policy so my expenses will be minimal if I'm wrong. I'll post my impressions when it arrives.

Regard - John
Old 10-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
michaelryannh
Connoisseur
michaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I have heard similar comments but a couple of reviewers that I think do a good job indicate that this one is of a different quality.

I pre-orderd a 16GB model so only time will tell.

Thanks for your input. The company I ordered it from has a pretty good return policy so my expenses will be minimal if I'm wrong. I'll post my impressions when it arrives.

Regard - John
Let me know how it turns out, I may be in the market for a cheaper tablet considering I sold my Galaxy Tab 7" in order to trade for the Kindl3.

You will have to blow me away with your impressions, however, because it has the Archos name brand on it
michaelryannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #5
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'd be interested in your experience too John. I've been looking at this tablet over the past few days, along with the Acer Iconia Tab A100 as possible purchases.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaston View Post
I'd be interested in your experience too John. I've been looking at this tablet over the past few days, along with the Acer Iconia Tab A100 as possible purchases.
Most of the faults found by early reviewers have been corrected. There has been a new software release and, according to Archos, the problem of the case flexing causing screen problems has been fixed on the new models. Because of this, I have a new model on pre-order and am told I should receive it in less than a month. We shall see.

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 10-20-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the Acer Iconia Tablet I like mine a lot, it has one bad viewing angle other than that its a nice tablet, paid $289 for mine
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote