Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 AM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have seen a burned-in LCD monitor.
It was from an operator station. It was displaying the same table with [changing] parameters of some manufacturing process 99% of time, 24hours a day 7 days a week, and now, even when it is switched off the table is clearly visible.
Interesting! I saw the same thing on a cash terminal (with an LCD monitor). And no, eInk screens are not heating up and therefore will never be burnt in!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by divory View Post
I am an early adopter so I go back to the original Rocket, the later model, on to the first of the iLiads, then the Gen3 (two of them, one broke and no help from Bookeen), a Sony 700 and then the Opus. I was more than happy with the Opus until it started to freeze on a daily occurence and with no sign of any support from Bookeen I have just taken delivery of a PocketBook 360. The software is light years ahead of any other ereader with the ablilty to mark a book as read, create folders on the fly and with the new fbreader the ability to change a page with a slight move of the wrist.

Except - fbreader only works on a few mobi files that came with the reader. When I load an ePub it must go into the Adobe reader automatically without giving me the opportunity to choose which software to use. Instead of the fbreader Configeration file it gives me the contents page. Where am I going wrong?

David
David ,

Glad to see you are a member here and are settling in with your new 360.

David has been playing the unlucky role of of beta tester with my Shopping Cart software, running into several glitches we were unaware of AND the post office LOST the first unit shipped to him. I can only hope any customers that encounter such issues in the future are as understanding.

-Charlie
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
divory
divory began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Gen3, Sony 700, Opus, PB360
Charlie,

All the glitches are over and I am delighted with the PB 360.

Of course it was inevitable that the day after I finally received the PocketBook Bookeen should finally release the firmware for the Opus we were first promised a year ago. I did upgrade my Opus and it is an improvement, but now I am delighted that Bookeen took so long - if they hadn't and I had upgraded earlier I probably would not have ordered the PocketBook.

I dont know why I am surprised, but the software on the PB is lightyears ahead of even the updated Opus and it is an open evolving system. Another reason to look forward to the New Year.

A Happy New Year to you.

David
divory is offline   Reply With Quote