Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
vanhoavn
vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Kindle Chinese Chess

Hello,

This is a Chinese Chess implement for your Kindle, it including a multi-level (5) AI to be played with you any where and any time you want, or you can try solving short Chess Puzzle (but you may need very long time in some case i think). I also built a piece-controling function which is the best method (just my opinion) to control a chess board with the kindle.

I'm using the dev key from http://www.vhn.vn/Link:Kindle:vanhoadevkey.

Download:
Keyboard: http://www.vhn.vn/Link:KindleChineseChess-latest.
Touch: http://www.vhn.vn/Link:KindleChineseChessTouch-latest

Source: https://github.com/vanhoavn/KindleChineseChess
Try it

Last edited by vanhoavn; 01-16-2013 at 01:53 PM.
vanhoavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
bluppfisk
bluppfisk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I would like that, but it says "the device is not registered as a test device, please ask the developer.. etc". Well I'm asking you I installed the JB, the key, added update_voahnwhatsitsface to the whitelist file and did the updates and reboots. To no avail. Any further ideas? I like the idea of playing chinese chess!
bluppfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
vanhoavn
vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Well, the correct line is "update_vanhoadevkeys", after adding it, remember to press enter (so that the file is ending with a new line).
After that, install the devkey, reboot, and try openning it again.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
bluppfisk
bluppfisk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
right, thanks. The white line is key!

I'm travelling through Vietnam and China at the moment so I want to get some exercise as I'm continually challenged by locals to a game I don't understand but that looks very intriguing.
bluppfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhoavn View Post
This is a Chinese Chess implement for your Kindle,
Thanks! I look forward to playing it.

Quote:
After that, you have to install my devkey on your kindle (only once). First, download http://www.vhn.vn/Link:Kindle:vanhoadevkey, copy update_*_install.bin for your device into the root folder of your sdcard (the one which has ‘documents’,..), add update_vanhoadevkeys to /linkjail/etc/whitelist and then chose ‘Update your kindle’ from the setting menu on your device.
1- While this *does* work, it will replace your existing developer.keystore. It would be preferable that the installation script would instead merge your new keys to the existing keystore.

2- Also your keystore has a null password which is problematic to some implementations of the keytool command. It would play nicer if you used the conventional password as a password.

3- Finally it would be useful to add a src folder to the installers zip file so we can inspect/recompile the installation code.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
vanhoavn

Ah, well, I'll include the installer src later. This version are the only things that I can recover after my laptop was stolen (which means, recovered from binaries)...

Edit: ah I've seen the decompile option I will look into your feedback in the next version ^^ But, if you are not just normal user, you just need to sign my application with your current dev key, and it should be fine, there's no need to merge them

Last edited by vanhoavn; 05-08-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Thanks for considering more feedback vanhoavn.

Quote:
I will look into your feedback in the next version ^^ But, if you are not just normal user, you just need to sign my application with your current dev key, and it should be fine, there's no need to merge them
That is my point, normal users will install kindlets signed by different developers, hence their need to merge keystores of each developer.

Andrew de Quincey (an active developer in this forum) has written a java application to do just that, you might want to use his code in your next version:
http://adq.livejournal.com/113734.html

And by the way, for such a great chess program.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
lkewei
lkewei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Any update for Kindle touch?
lkewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
samineru
samineru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is the source code for this available?
samineru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
myname
myname began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
i just got interested in chinese chess because of this application, i just got one feature request: could you provide an optional symbolic set of stones? i just don't want to check the symbols everytime at the beginning
thx in advance
myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I really want to try this, but when I attempt to run it, I get this error message: "Main class not found." Kindle 2i v 2.5.8. Any idea what might be wrong?
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #12
dewgongoo
dewgongoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I have a Kindle Keyboard, firmware 3.3

The direction key for my Chinese Chess is messed up. Pressing up goes left, pressing left goes up, etc.

Any ideas of the fix, besides using the other way of moving pieces?
dewgongoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
x13n0114
x13n0114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
I have installed this on Kindle 4nt simply by copying the azw2 (doing nothing else as the keys aren't cmpatibel) file over to documets folder on kindle.

it is shown in home.
the menu key works, i can access how to play and exit, but van't actually play the GAME!
please add controlls, i suggest using the 5 way controller.
x13n0114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
just need recompiling for the touch. need source to do it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
x13n0114
x13n0114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
how to recompile?

btw: its the kindle 4nt (non touch)
how do you recompile and wehre is the source.
x13n0114 is offline   Reply With Quote