Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
tiernanogg
tiernanogg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Unhappy PRS-700 frozen - tried everything! help!

I have only had my PRS-700 for two days - downloaded two books and started reading. Loved it.

Then while dog-earring a page it suddenly flashed off. I turned it back on and it brought on the "Starting up" page that so many posters have referred to. I tried plugging it into the adapter for a bit (light turned red), then tried the reset for 5 seconds and hitting the power twice. The screen flashed for a bit - like it was rebooting and a yellow light blinked a few times, but then it went right back to the "starting up" page.

I thought I would just plug it back into the adapter and let it charge over night, only now the red light doesn't go on. Desperate, I plugged it in via the USB. Nothing at first, and then finally the screen changed to show the pugged in symbol. Only now in the Ebook library, it shows "error" next to the image of my reader (I have a MAC). I am so upset. This was a gift from my parents in AZ and really do not want to send it back to them. I can't even eject the darn thing from the ebook library. I just want this fixed. Can anyone help me.
tiernanogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
tiernanogg

OMG! I don't know what I did - besides desperate prayers - but since I couldn't eject - I just decided to quit out of the ebook library. When I quit, the symbol on my reader changed so I could disconnect. When I did disconnect - suddenly the screen flashed and went to the main screen! The only thing is that it seems to have lost my place in my book, but who cares! Everything else is there! I honestly don't know what I did, but I am glad it worked.
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well it turned off cause the battery died, it came back cause you charged it for a bit.

plug it in over night, charge it when it gets below 3/4 and odds are it wont happen again.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
tiernanogg

Thanks!

Thanks so much!!! Have a great day!