Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #181
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Seems to be standard on Netronix devices to have a 2.5mm socket - the CyBook Gen3 is the same. Since I don't personally use mine for music (it makes a lousy MP3 player) I'm not that bothered.
Yes it is, same hardware as others netronics clone (like the Gen3) with a nice new enclosure, but with all Gen3 drawback (ie 2.5" headphone jack, badly positionned buttons etc...)

A 3.5 jack will fit correctly in such a enclosure despite what they say, but the limitation is only due to the mainboard.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:19 AM   #182
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I guess red is the next best thing...well after BLUE that is!! hahaha
Next and longest lasting. So when your little blue bird goes out know that the red will still be going strong.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #183
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
And here's a link to blog about the ebook shop.

He's not impressed. And I spotted at least one book with the incorrect cover. But I'm willing to mentally put this in the "beta" category until the units actually ship. If the shop is still screwy by then, they are officially idiots.
I think the shop will be irrelevant to most users, serving at best as a gateway for those who buy this device with no understanding of the ebook landscape.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #184
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
wrong focus

Quote:

He's not impressed. And I spotted at least one book with the incorrect cover. But I'm willing to mentally put this in the "beta" category until the units actually ship. If the shop is still screwy by then, they are officially idiots.
I think they would be silly to put too much focus into their own ebook shop. If they partner with BoB or another store it would probably be better in the long run.

Focus on the ereader and let the consumer figure out where they want to buy books.

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 05-26-2009 at 02:54 AM.
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #185
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I think they would be silly to put too much focus into their own ebook shop. If they partner with BoB or another store it would probably be better in the long.

Focus on the ereader and let the consumer figure out where they want to buy books.

Amy
Ah, but that is not the thinking of marketing types. They can only sell you one eBook reader but lots of books. The idea is to make a continuing customer as Amazon has done.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #186
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
that splash effect is so annoying though.

plus with their website who knows how much the ebooks would go for
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #187
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i have a jetbook by Ectaco Inc btw which is a lesser known eBook reader but out of everything i tried it's by far the best. they send you updates if there are any and can find you any book you want for free and send it to you, thats what i call service!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #188
jessTay
Connoisseur
jessTay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2! YAY
I got a response regarding the covers and whether they are going to ship to canada!!!!

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your enquiry.

It is definitely our intention to make the Cool-er available worldwide.
Having received strong interest from Canada we will make this a
priority.

Currently we are investigating several cover options for our discerning
customers; with a high quality custom stitched leather case available
shortly.

Keep an eye on our website for updates or please contact me again in a
month or so when I hope to be able to fully answer your query.

Best regards,
Kate
jessTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #189
jessTay
Connoisseur
jessTay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2! YAY
the only thing she didn't answer was shipping costs
jessTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #190
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Sounds like you had a rep who could speak in full sentences. Unlike that last rep who apparenlty had a failing grasp on email etiquitte and only used a few words to reply to each sentence.

That is good news, though. Sounds very promising.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #191
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
I got a reply from Kate as well and she answered none of my four questions.

I got the impolite response that they were focussing on their launch and to ask again in a month's time.

How not to win friends and influence customers ...
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #192
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:

Covers:
http://www.coolerbooks.com/inside.asp?id=20944 (Fictionwise)
http://www.coolerbooks.com/inside.asp?id=1 (Xlibris)
http://www.coolerbooks.com/inside.asp?id=894 (ipublish--ah, another Fictionwise variant)

Looks like the haven't finished filing off the origin-site's serial numbers.

I'm wondering if the "coolerbooks.com" covers I'm seeing have replaced the other style of Fictionwise covers I saw last time I looked.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 AM   #193
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
shipping costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessTay View Post
the only thing she didn't answer was shipping costs
Probably going to be spendy, shipping inside the US was listed as $20.00 which seems a bit high to me.

Elfwreck,
I have to say the cover thing strikes me as very amusing. Though somewhat sad. This goes along with my thinking that they need a partner to run their ebookstore.

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 05-26-2009 at 02:59 AM.
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #194
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
And here's another hands-on with ElectricPig. Yep, still want it.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #195
KLausPetersen
Connoisseur
KLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I just surfed to the Cool-er eBook Store to see what books there are in the mentioned 750k big library.

I clicked on "Science fiction" and voilá some well known old fellas popped up ....

Namely some books from Edgar Rice Burroughs which are also available for free from project Gutenberg. OK, they could sell a newer edition than the one scanned for gutenberg, but I don't think that the contents are very different.

But I got sceptical concerning the amount of 750k books.

So I searched for more books of Burroughs with an interesting result.
There are 169 Books from Burroughs listet ... but thats not the amazing part.
The amazing part is that in this 169 books there are ten (10) different editions of the book "A Princess of Mars". One of them is an expensive Thesaurus edition but the other nine of them seem to have the same content but range from 1,40$ to 7,20$.
(And remember... you can get this book for free from Project Gutenberg)

I think now I know how they get to the amount of 750k Books at the store.

I also crosschecked with amazon. They also have a lot of editions of "A Princess of Mars" in their library and also a few different eBook Versions, but the cheapest "kindle edition" is priced at "only" 0,80$. That seems to be more of a handling fee for the wireless delivery than a pricetag.

Both examples show that you should search for cheaper alternative editions before buying an eBook.
KLausPetersen is offline   Reply With Quote