Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
cornishnick
cornishnick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite V1
Just can't get collections to work

Title says it all really. I've had two kindles in the past which I managed through calibre and am used to fiddling but just can't get collections working with a Kobo .

On the aura I followed the guides, uploaded books with metadata, created the custom columns and the plugin settings but still can't get the collections to correspond. If I have a book under 'science' then send it to the device, the science collection remains empty.

Any ideas would be appreciated :-)
cornishnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The most common reason for this is a missed setting. And the most common setting to be missed is the "Metadata management" on the "Sending books to devices" page of the settings. This needs to be set to automatic.

The other thing that happens is that the driver does the collection management when the device is connected (hence the need for the above setting). It should also put books on the collections when they are sent, but there are a couple of reasons that this doesn't happen. If you send a book, disconnect the device and let it process the book into the library, then connect and let the driver do its thing, the collections should be sorted out.

If that doesn't work, run calibre in debug mode and post the log. To do this, start calibre, right click on the preference button and select "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart and display a message about the debug log. Connect the device, let the device jobs run and then close calibre. The debug log will be displayed. Post that. Or PM it to me if you would prefer.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have had a look at the debug log you sent, according to this:
Code:
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'', False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, u'', True, False, False, False, False, False, False, u'', False]
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= on_connect
You haven't configured the driver. Further down I can see that you are using the KoboTouchExtended driver. I would guess that you have configured the KoboTouch drive, but as the KoboTouchExtended driver is installed and enabled, this is what is being used. You need to configure this driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
cornishnick
cornishnick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite V1
Knew it would be something simple! Thank you so much for that, i'd never have thought to look!
cornishnick is offline   Reply With Quote