Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
robin58
Enthusiast
robin58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, Nook ST
Disable "Books on Device"?

Is it possible to turn off Calibre finding the books on a device temporarily? Or restrict the type of documents/books it finds?

I've recently discovered when using the usb connection to put books on my wife's Kindle Fire that it is really becoming a very slow process because she has the Zinio magazine app on it which handles magazines provided by our library.

It appears that Zinio stores every page of every magazine as a separate document/jpg which are all found when Calibre goes to search for the books on the device. With just 6 magazines on her KF this amounted to a list of over 1300 "books" which quite frankly took eons to generate.

I realize I can avoid this by instead of using a usb connection, simply sending books to her kindle email address but she doesn't like books appearing as documents.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think You want to remove the tick in the box shown
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleRead.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	94281  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
robin58
Enthusiast
robin58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, Nook ST
Thank you. I knew it had to be in there somewhere. Blind as bat today apparantly
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote