Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
ommaandnugs
MaryB
ommaandnugs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 and Kindle 3rd generation
Sending from Calibre to SD card not in reader

I got Sony PRS-600 e-Readers for my parents who live in another state, but they don't have a computer. I want to put the books from Calibre on an SD card to send them when new ones come out, but I don't have a PRS-600 (I use a Kindle) to plug into the computer. Can Calibre send the books to a card in an SD card reader attached to my computer, and if so, will it have the collections, etc?

If transfering from Calibre isn't an option, how can I transfer the books and collections and tags from Calibre to the Sony Reader Library (which has an option to save to SD card on computer)? Thanks for your help.
ommaandnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommaandnugs View Post
I got Sony PRS-600 e-Readers for my parents who live in another state, but they don't have a computer. I want to put the books from Calibre on an SD card to send them when new ones come out, but I don't have a PRS-600 (I use a Kindle) to plug into the computer. Can Calibre send the books to a card in an SD card reader attached to my computer, and if so, will it have the collections, etc?

If transfering from Calibre isn't an option, how can I transfer the books and collections and tags from Calibre to the Sony Reader Library (which has an option to save to SD card on computer)? Thanks for your help.
Save to Disk (Select your SD card).
Set up a Save to Disk Template the way you want the files arranged (very similar to Send to Device).

Be sure to set you Page Setup (Common options in Preferences) for the appropriate device profile for your parents device.
BTW, you will need to select the appropriate Formats to send since the Device driver is not involved to help.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would tend to use Connect to Folder rather than Save to Disk.

However the collection information cannot be set up via a SD card transfer. Calibre can only do this with the device directly connected so it can directly manipulate the relevant files on the Reader.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
ommaandnugs
MaryB
ommaandnugs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 and Kindle 3rd generation
Sending from Calibre to SD card not in reader

Thanks, I'll try those solutions.
ommaandnugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-600, send to sd card, sony reader library