Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
geminii_77
geminii_77 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini, Bookeen CyBook Opus, Odyssey and Odyssey Frontlight
Question I had a little accident

I've had my Opus for 5 months now and i love it, unfortunately I had a little accident today (I kind of dropped it on the floor) and now it has frozen.

I can't power it off, change the page, nothing. It just shows partial text and partial start screen.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do with this please apart from buying a new one?

Thanks
geminii_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Sounds like a broken screen to me...
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Could be a broken screen, does it show any horizontal or vertical lines? Could also be that something, like the battery connector, got jarred loose when it took its tumble. Before giving up on it I'd definitely slide the back cover off and re-seat the battery plug.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Most units have a way of resetting. Look in your book and see if you have instructions. Doubt this will help but it might.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
geminii_77
geminii_77 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini, Bookeen CyBook Opus, Odyssey and Odyssey Frontlight
AnemicOak - I reseated the plug (I took it off and refitted it), the screen is screwed up - it has some of the book I was reading and some of the startup screen on it along with lots of blank lines running through.

exscentric - Will have a look in the booklet tonight to see what it says.
geminii_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminii_77 View Post
it has some of the book I was reading and some of the startup screen on it along with lots of blank lines running through.
That sounds like a cracked screen substrate.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote