Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #76
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have

796 unread books and magazines in my Calibre library
89 books on my Chicago Public Library wishlist
28 books on my Free Library of Philadelphia wishlist
532 books on my Amazon.com wishlist

I bought two books from my wishlist last night when they both dropped to $2.99.

I need an intervention. And I need to read faster. At my current rate of 10-12 books per month, I have six years of reading material based on books I actually own today.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #77
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
In your case, yes, ereader purchases count. I ordered a Pandigital from DailySteals last week, but that's because the Literati (which my roommate uses) is behaving badly and I know it's only a matter of time before it stops working.
But, but... The PRS-350SC was my first ever e-ink reader.... and... and... uhm... I need two so I can keep one at home and one in my purse so I don't forget to carry it with me... and... and...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #78
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
[Will doing this qualify me to buy another ebook now?]
Only a vasty reduced TBR pile does that...

(At the start of the year I intended to read at least three books for every one book I bought. My ratio is currently 0.72:1 instead of over 3:1. So much for that idea!)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #79
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I need an intervention. And I need to read faster. At my current rate of 10-12 books per month, I have six years of reading material based on books I actually own today.
I think you need to go cold turkey, at least until the end of June. No more ebook purchases* at all!

* Free ebooks don't count.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #80
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
<<<---- doing the virtual walk of shame back from the Unbridled "25 books for 25 cents each" sale after buying all 25.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #81
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I think you need to go cold turkey, at least until the end of June. No more ebook purchases* at all!

But I needs them!
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #82
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
<<<---- doing the virtual walk of shame back from the Unbridled "25 books for 25 cents each" sale after buying all 25.
Thanks for not posting the link! But I found them anyway.

I can resist. I won't buy them. $6.25 for 25 novels though.... wow. It's a good thing they're not SF or Fantasy or Mystery novels, or my resolve would probably have broken.

Commiserations on your fall. How long will it take you to read through them? Perhaps you should resolve not to buy another ebook until you've read (or at least, started and discarded) every one of those 25 new ebooks?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #83
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
But I needs them!
Just take it one day, or one hour at a time. If you feel an urge to buy an ebook, move away from the computer, and actually sit down and read a chapter or two of your current ebook. You can do it!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #84
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for not posting the link! But I found them anyway.

I can resist. I won't buy them. $6.25 for 25 novels though.... wow. It's a good thing they're not SF or Fantasy or Mystery novels, or my resolve would probably have broken.
That's the other thing - I don't even know what they are about. But the covers are nice.

Quote:
Commiserations on your fall. How long will it take you to read through them? Perhaps you should resolve not to buy another ebook until you've read (or at least, started and discarded) every one of those 25 new ebooks?
Thanks for your understanding and support. That resolution won't work because I read by mood. It's why I have so many genres of books. Technically I *could* get them read in a month, but they will get spread out and put into my various "priority" lists based on subject/genre/mood. I have a rather complicated system.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #85
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
My name is Dazrin and I am an ebook addict...

I have nearly a hundred unread ebooks on my Kindle and have downloaded 5 more free books this week.

My current book is a DTB loaner/new author trial from a friend ... I have been looking for the ebook version since I started and may end up finishing in electronic format even though I have a perfectly good DTB in front of me. Must resist...

Quote:
That's the other thing - I don't even know what they are about. But the covers are nice.

Thanks for your understanding and support. That resolution won't work because I read by mood. It's why I have so many genres of books. Technically I *could* get them read in a month, but they will get spread out and put into my various "priority" lists based on subject/genre/mood. I have a rather complicated system.
I'm not even sure that counts as a "system".
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #86
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I'm not even sure that counts as a "system".
Ana!! The new kid is picking on me!!

It is too a system. *she says in her best 5-year-old pouty voice*
It really is, but if I explained the whole thing everyone would fall asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
My name is Dazrin and I am an ebook addict...

I have nearly a hundred unread ebooks on my Kindle and have downloaded 5 more free books this week.

My current book is a DTB loaner/new author trial from a friend ... I have been looking for the ebook version since I started and may end up finishing in electronic format even though I have a perfectly good DTB in front of me. Must resist...
Welcome to the group, Dazrin. So you downloaded 5 freebies this week? That's all? Amateur. I got 35 books TODAY.

Sorry everyone, sometimes I get surly when I come to group. Please don't give me a time out.

Edited to add: I have no idea why I'm running to Ana for help. I guess I just think she understands my issues.

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 06-10-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #87
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
So you downloaded 5 freebies this week? That's all? Amateur. I got 35 books TODAY.
Gosh, I would say that's almost a record? hahaha... free ebooks I think, right? ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #88
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
BTW - did I mention that the ebook I bought today is the first book in a (currently) series of 4? All of which are on sale? So if I immediately read the new one and like it I'll HAVE to buy the rest of the series! This weekend!

There's no escape! We're doomed to succumb to the endless temptations!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #89
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
I got 35 books TODAY.
If any of them cost less than 75 cents, they don't count. That's almost like getting them free.

Almost-free books don't count. They're practically giving them away!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #90
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Gosh, I would say that's almost a record? hahaha... free ebooks I think, right? ...
10 were free, the other 25 were from the 25 cent sale. So I got 35 books for $6.25.

No, my record was set back when Kaplan had their giveaway. January 4th - 50 free ebooks downloaded that day.