Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
REB 1200 Rotate Screen Possible?

Hi All,

I have the RRB 1200 and the ebookwise 1500. One feature of the ebookwise I particularly like is the rotate screen feature--Is there any way to do this with the REB 1200?

Thanks.

Sherry
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryk_us View Post
Hi All,

I have the REB 1200 and the ebookwise 1150. One feature of the ebookwise I particularly like is the rotate screen feature--Is there any way to do this with the REB 1200?

Thanks.

Sherry
Surprisingly, I don't think the REB1200's screen can be rotated like the eBookwise 1150's screen can.

On the EBW1150, the 'rotate' graphic at the top-right provides for Rotation and Contrast/Brightness settings.

On the REB1200, the Contrast/Brightness are handled by turn-wheels on the top-right edge of the reader. Alignment can be handled through an undocumented feature, see here (but stop at #7). Then click the 'align' icon that's displayed. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a rotate screen icon.

I have both readers and until now, I thought the REB1200 had this feature, but I guess not.

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-27-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Nick.

Sherry
Old 11-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, and one more tidbit.

I just "discovered" (after almost 5 years owning my REB1200), that you are able to turn the page with the stylus / touchscreen.

If you look at the image below, you will see the dog-eared top right of the reader has a vertical strip beneath it going all the way down the right-hand side of the screen. It looks like the remaining pages of a book?

Well, if you use your stylus to click in that area (it's a bit tricky at first, and forget about using stubby finger tips), viola! Instant page turn!!!!!

I found this in the REB1200 Yahoo Group posting (from 2003 I think) while I was "researching" your 'Rotate the Screen' question.

Consider this old dog, now having a new trick!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
sherryk_us
writer/reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oh, and one more tidbit.

I just "discovered" (after almost 5 years owning my REB1200), that you are able to turn the page with the stylus / touchscreen.

If you look at the image below, you will see the dog-eared top right of the reader has a vertical strip beneath it going all the way down the right-hand side of the screen. It looks like the remaining pages of a book?

Well, if you use your stylus to click in that area (it's a bit tricky at first, and forget about using stubby finger tips), viola! Instant page turn!!!!!

I found this in the REB1200 Yahoo Group posting (from 2003 I think) while I was "researching" your 'Rotate the Screen' question.

Consider this old dog, now having a new trick!
Dear Nick,

Wow--I had no idea. Don't know if it proves easier than the usual way, but neat to know that the page can turn like that! It could be great for those whose page turn buttons get all worn out, too..

Thanks. So cool.

Sherry
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryk_us View Post
It could be great for those whose page turn buttons get all worn out, too..
WOW, so true! I hadn't thought of that!

I know a few people that have had major problems with their page turn button (ashkulz, in particular), and this may be a great solution!

Thanks for "thinking" out loud!