Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #166
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Nothing happens when I run this plugin...
Gee, I don't know what to say as it works great for the 8 libraries I check.
Suggest making sure you have the latest edition of Calibre, then removing the plug in, then reinstall it.

If it still won't work, I would suspect your plug in "customization overdrive link" may not be correct.
Maybe a snapshot of your set up screen would help.
Tom
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #167
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Nothing happens when I run this plugin - I have 5 OverDrive libraries, with logins, set up, I select a book or books, click the button, Calibre says "Lending Library Search Started", the job runs for a while, then it says "Overdrive link search completed", but nothing happens - no results, no dialog, nothing.
A dialog box should pop up at the completion of a search, whether or not any books were found. Something seems to be going wrong with that.

It would help me to know the OS and calibre versions you are using in order to diagnose the problem. A change was made to the completion dialog box handling starting with calibre version 1.17. If you are using an older version then I recommend that you update calibre. Also, if you have more than one monitor on your system, you may want to check whether the completion dialog is appearing somewhere unexpected.

If necessary, I can provide an update to the plugin with additional diagnostics to try to locate the cause of the problem.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #168
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What does the job logs say?

Look under Jobs and double-click the OverDrive Link job.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #169
n9yty
n9yty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
I tried to set this up, and thought I had everything right, but I get an error:

Code:
Starting job: Search lending libraries for 1 book 
Signing in to MyLibrary (branch xxx) with card xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Browse: http://omnilibraries.org/BANGAuthenticate.dll?Action=AuthCheck&URL=Default.htm&ForceLoginFlag=0 None 
Redirected login url https://prairiearea.libraryreserve.com/10/50/en/SignIn.htm?URL=Default%2ehtm 
Signing in to MyLibrary (branch xxx) with card xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: AttributeError (mechanize._mechanize.Browser instance has no attribute replace (perhaps you forgot to .select_form()?)) 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 260, in sign_in
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.provider", line 401, in open_url
  File "lib/python2.7/cgi.py", line 1034, in escape
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 628, in __getattr__
AttributeError: mechanize._mechanize.Browser instance has no attribute replace (perhaps you forgot to .select_form()?)
Sorry to bug you, but I can't figure out what I might have done wrong.
n9yty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #170
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9yty View Post
I tried to set this up, and thought I had everything right, but I get an error:

Sorry to bug you, but I can't figure out what I might have done wrong.
I introduced a bug in the previous release of the plugin. I have released version 1.12.1, which should correct this.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #171
n9yty
n9yty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Thanks, that did it! This is a really cool plugin, thank you for sharing it with us!
n9yty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #172
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last night, things were fine. Today, every search errors out for all the OverDrive parts, with this error:

Code:
Search %library (recommendable)% for all by %author%: Server response error (Expected %number% results but found only 0) 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 760, in find_books_
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 861, in find_books
LibraryError: u'Expected %number% results but found only 0'
Old 05-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #173
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think Overdrive has changed. There's a different homepage today, and a different way to manage books (for putting on hold, adding to wishlist...)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #174
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think Overdrive has changed. There's a different homepage today, and a different way to manage books (for putting on hold, adding to wishlist...)
That's what I assumed.

Just looked at it.. Ugh. Those bookmark icons in the wishlist are going to be such fun to click on mobile devices... like my Kindle Touch.

And the new availability icon is somehow more difficult to distinguish when viewing in grayscale. How do they do it?

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-29-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #175
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Last night, things were fine. Today, every search errors out for all the OverDrive parts, with this error: …
I'm testing a change to the plugin to handle the changes made by OverDrive. I plan to release it tomorrow.

Update: Version 1.12.2 has been released to correct this problem.

Last edited by jhowell; 05-30-2014 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Udate
Old 05-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #176
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Thanks!!

(For the future, it might be more helpful to put that in a separate post, because edits don't make their way onto the User Control Panel, or in email updates. Okay, I did check anyway. But I'm not everybody. )
Old 05-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #177
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I'm testing a change to the plugin to handle the changes made by OverDrive. I plan to release it tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #178
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
For the future, it might be more helpful to put that in a separate post, because edits don't make their way onto the User Control Panel, or in email updates.
Thanks, I was trying to avoid multiple posts in a row, but didn't consider all of the implications of doing that.

I still need a moderator to update the Index of plugins post so that the update notification appears in calibre.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #179
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I got the notification, actually. That is how I updated.

Odd. Because the index wasn't updated. But it was updated at http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #180
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I still need a moderator to update the Index of plugins post so that the update notification appears in calibre.
Done.

I believe that once a plugin is registered in the index, plugins.calibre-ebooks.com scrapes the current .zip file from the first post (hourly), which would explain why it was available as an update even though the index hadn't been updated.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive