Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
9. Enhanced Tapping Dialog:
Along the existing options of Show Full Definition, Highlight, Add Note and Share, we should have copy and paste buttons when a word is tapped in a book.
After having a Notepad, I want this feature.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
9. Enhanced Tapping Dialog:
Along the existing options of Show Full Definition, Highlight, Add Note and Share, we should have copy and paste buttons when a word is tapped in a book.
After having a Notepad, I want this feature.
Does the Touch already support text processing highlights, like:
highlight word (obviously yes)
highlight from start of sentence
highlight to end of sentence
highlight full sentence
highlight paragraph
?
Would those make any sense assuming there was cut&paste support for them?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #33
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Does the Touch already support text processing highlights, like:
highlight word (obviously yes)
highlight from start of sentence
highlight to end of sentence
highlight full sentence
highlight paragraph
?
Would those make any sense assuming there was cut&paste support for them?
You can select a word by tapping on it and then it shows the aforementioned dialog. And you can tap a word and continue dragging across lines to select them.

All your requests make sense and I think they're possible but it adds to the complexity of interface (it'd be like mouse gestures that I never liked... for example: tap then wait a second and tap for 2nd time to select whole sentence etc.)

But these are not as useful for me as a simple copy paste can be.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
You can select a word by tapping on it and then it shows the aforementioned dialog. And you can tap a word and continue dragging across lines to select them.

All your requests make sense and I think they're possible but it adds to the complexity of interface (it'd be like mouse gestures that I never liked... for example: tap then wait a second and tap for 2nd time to select whole sentence etc.)

But these are not as useful for me as a simple copy paste can be.
There is only one finger gesture I have ever wanted to send to any computer.

But not having a Touch, I had to ask about what was already provided.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #35
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
10. Fast Dictionary Changer
I do have got quite a few dictionaries on my Kindle and would like to quickly change the Dictionary on the word look-up screen. This could help if the book does not have the right language in its meta-data or would simply let you choose to see the words translation, ...
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #36
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
11. Some PDF viewer improvements

1. remove margins (a lot of space is wasted)
2. option for stable zoom-in between the pages (e.g. choosing 110% would force header & footer outside of visible area - it would improve page readability..)
3. implement rotation (not this from UI itself, but only in PDF viewer)
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #37
thatworkshop
hub

12. Listener for an event:

If Kindle Touch is on WiFi, I'd like a listener to be run in the background, and do something (play an alert sound, etc.) when I receive an email for example in gmail.

@knc1: inetd can be useful here?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-28-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #38
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
6. Universal Orientation (Landscape home screen):....

Update: I made a simple extension that does EXACTLY this.....
I tried it but didn't work for me. I can choose it from LAuncher menu but nothing happens?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #39
mfabry
mfabry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
7. Indexing improvements

- Indexing progress bar on main screen or indexing status info in settings
- I would kill for an option to switch indexing off entirely
mfabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #40
mfabry
mfabry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
8. Keyboard:

- squeeze the second bottom row to fit comma key on main (letter) layout
- single tap on shift key to get the next letter upper case , double tap for caps lock Android style
mfabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #41
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
1. Bookmarklet as launchers in menu:
I was thinking if running a javascript code as a bookmarklet in webkit browser is possible in Kindle Touch.
*[/COLOR]
I think i have succeeded in doing so...
and i've posted my results here...

unfortunately i have no luck in wrapping up a update package... the kindletool doesn't work for me at all...

anyway, by manually executing the scripts from the source i've attached you should be able to figure out how to add a bookmarklet...
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #42
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I tried it but didn't work for me. I can choose it from LAuncher menu but nothing happens?
Badly coded menu.json . I fixed it, but once it changes orientation, I can use all the three options other than the portrait one and it won't go back until I reboot
I attached the good menu.json:
Attached Files
File Type: gz menu.json.tar.gz (323 Bytes, 213 views)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #43
thatworkshop
hub

13. Flash plugin for WebKit
I'd like to port or see someone port this to Kindle Touch. There is a project called Frash and it's for Android.

14. KinGo

A little app to play the game of Go with on Katie. Check it out here.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #44
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
15- Support for DRMed ePub
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #45
ingarc
ingarc began at the beginning.

16. Sleep mode timeout options

I'd like more options to modify the sleep mode timeout, something like:
10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, disabled

Sorry about my english
ingarc is offline   Reply With Quote