Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindle at Best Buy

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...t-best-buy.ars

Kindle will be joining the Nook and Sony at Best Buy. People will be able to compare the three e-readers pretty easily now. The article does not say when they would be arriving only that they would be there for the Holiday season. Like Staples, Best Buy will sell the DX.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
wow!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
This is a smart move on their part. When people see the pearl screen compared to the competition, they'll clean up this holiday season! It might only be a temporary advantage until the other new pearl readers are out, but they're milking it for all it's worth.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Sony's at Best Buy will have the Pearl screen. It is possible that the Nook 2 will have the Pearl screen, I guess we will have to wait for B&N to announce their new reader.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I wouldn't get too excited if the Best Buy's in your area's are like the ones near me. E-Readers are the ugly step child they relugate to the corner next to the fridges and stand mixers.

Nobody knows a thing about them or how they work. The Sony's are all smudged up and dusty and the Nook's are all a mess and have been like that for weeks.

Best Buy is all about Apple, HDTV's, stero's and computers. E-Readers are a joke to them.

I hope my area is just an isolated one.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

My local BB has horrible displays set up for Sony Readers and the Nook. If you are lucky they will have a model displayed in plexiglass, but not operational for the Sonys. The Nooks are hidden but if you find them and stoop over to the next to last shelf from the floor they might have one Nook turned on. But no one in the store has any clue as to what they are much less how to operate them or answer your questions. Let us hope the Kindles can sell themselves!