Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Paperwhite in the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Paper...0030726&sr=8-1

Was emailed with the above link, obviously just a delayed release.
I've already ordered mine.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Thanks for the notice! It's now available for pre-order in Germany too. Triggered a reflex in me, unfortunately :-P
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Hmmm. They still won't ship to Switzerland though... And why do the Brits get it ahead of continental Europe?
(Both France and Germany get them on Nov. 22, compared with Oct. 25 in the UK)
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The US have long standing good relations to its colonies :-P (sorry Brits, don't feel offended, you'll get the joke, I'm sure)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Pre-orderable in Italy, France and Spain, too.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
The US have long standing good relations to its colonies :-P (sorry Brits, don't feel offended, you'll get the joke, I'm sure)
I think our only remaining colony is Canada.
Although it may have reached statehood when I wasn't looking.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
horizon21
bookster
horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi+3G
Hold your horses! Have you seen the threads in the main forums where people complain about faulty products? Ordering Kindle Paperwhite at the moment seems like taking a leap in the abyss... then again I see most of you are devs, so a new toy to tinker with is difficult to resist
horizon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon21 View Post
Hold your horses! Have you seen the threads in the main forums where people complain about faulty products? Ordering Kindle Paperwhite at the moment seems like taking a leap in the abyss... then again I see most of you are devs, so a new toy to tinker with is difficult to resist
Despite all the whining and complaining in that forum, it is still far better than an external LED book light. What do they expect? Now the devs need these if we are to support them, for a testing platform. Who here in the Dev Corner actually READS BOOKS on their kindles?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Despite all the whining and complaining in that forum, it is still far better than an external LED book light. What do they expect? Now the devs need these if we are to support them, for a testing platform. Who here in the Dev Corner actually READS BOOKS on their kindles?
I do, but I'm not sure if I count as a dev... I do spend more of my time on mobileread than actually reading though...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I do, but I'm not sure if I count as a dev... I do spend more of my time on mobileread than actually reading though...
MobileRead can be a huge time sink can't it? Think of all the new code that COULD HAVE been written, with all the time that has been consumed by reading (and writing) posts here in this forum? Not sure whether an apt metaphor for this forum is black hole or addictive drug (perhaps both).

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Did somebody write a Hack that allows these devices to display a book?
I must have missed that one.

Maybe I should turn mine over (display side up) rather than staring at the parts exposed by the removed backside.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
MobileRead can be a huge time sink can't it? Think of all the new code that COULD HAVE been written, with all the time that has been consumed by reading (and writing) posts here in this forum? Not sure whether an apt metaphor for this forum is black hole or addictive drug (perhaps both).
For me, it's getting past the helloworld in Go to do something useful... I'm still very new to programming..... I have been playing with python, but not much has come out of it...

Maybe the admins had foresight on the autoassigned user titles... I think one of them is addict.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
For me, it's getting past the helloworld in Go to do something useful... I'm still very new to programming..... I have been playing with python, but not much has come out of it...

Maybe the admins had foresight on the autoassigned user titles... I think one of them is addict.
If I were you, and in one sense I have been and in another I still am... I would set myself a small goal. auto-process some photos, display some data in a graph, crunch some logs for data or do whatever Go does best...

get a done deal project under your belt and built on that. Every single programmer ever SUCKED until they got swing of it. Even geniuses need to learn other peoples syntax. Think of it as a foreign language or a type of literal poetry, in that way the general rules begin to sink in rather than the syntactical minutia.

Pushing on and trying is the only way. Good on you for at the very least doing that mate. No doubt good things will come of it. Oh, and read. a lot.

: ) Go go go!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If I were you, and in one sense I have been and in another I still am... I would set myself a small goal. auto-process some photos, display some data in a graph, crunch some logs for data or do whatever Go does best...
get a done deal project under your belt and built on that. Every single programmer ever SUCKED until they got swing of it. Even geniuses need to learn other peoples syntax. Think of it as a foreign language or a type of literal poetry, in that way the general rules begin to sink in rather than the syntactical minutia.
Pushing on and trying is the only way. Good on you for at the very least doing that mate. No doubt good things will come of it. Oh, and read. a lot.
: ) Go go go!
Thanks for the encouragement! I was just hit with a huge hammer of inspiration while reading your post. Now to go read. a lot..
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Who here in the Dev Corner actually READS BOOKS on their kindles?

( But I do. When I'm eating or... .)
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote