Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
Does anyone uses the bookarmor case (edition 2012)?
http://www.ecaddycase.com/shieldedition.html
According to the photo with the T1 it just looks way too big.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #107
soloist66
Enthusiast
soloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle PW11, iPad Air
Oberon Design Kindle Touch Cover on PRS-650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I agree! I've been tempted, but I'm concerned about the placement of the lower right-hand strap possibly interfering with the T1 power button. The Kindle power button is more towards the center. I'm thinking about maybe getting an Oberon sleeve.
Hi. I don't have a PRS-T1...but I do have a PRS-650 and I just purchased the Oberon Kindle Touch cover for it.

On the 650, the power slider is located on the top end of the device. I have no problems accessing the slider given the location of the top left strap on the cover.

The bottom right cover strap partially obstructs the 650 volume button located on the end of the device. This could be an issue for someone who uses the volume but since I don't -- that's what my Sony mp3 walkman is for -- I'm golden.

The T1 is probably even closer in size to a Kindle Touch than the 650 is. I can't tell if the power slider would be obstructed by the bottom right strap of the cover. Since I have to go to Best Buy soon I will try to look at a T1 -- and compare the placement of the power slider against the covered 650 -- and try to report back.

In the mean time, I took some photos from different angles. The last photo shows the bottom end of the cover....hope this helps....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OB_cover.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	80524   Click image for larger version

Name:	OB_Open.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	768.7 KB
ID:	80525   Click image for larger version

Name:	OB_Top.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	715.6 KB
ID:	80526   Click image for larger version

Name:	OB_Botton.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	739.1 KB
ID:	80527  
soloist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 02:54 AM   #108
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
BookArmor case

I think if I'm be able to buy one in Germany I buy on.

I only need a case to protect my T1 while travelling. While I'm reading I'm not using a case.

Thanks to gardenstate.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #109
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist66 View Post

The T1 is probably even closer in size to a Kindle Touch than the 650 is. I can't tell if the power slider would be obstructed by the bottom right strap of the cover.
Looking at your photos, I'd say that should be fine.The power button on the T1 sits just about where the volume button is in your photo (measuring it, the right-hand edge of the button is an inch in from the edge of the device), and as it's a press button rather than a slider, it'll work even if only partly accessible.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #110
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist66 View Post
Hi. I don't have a PRS-T1...but I do have a PRS-650 and I just purchased the Oberon Kindle Touch cover for it.
On the 650, the power slider is located on the top end of the device. I have no problems accessing the slider given the location of the top left strap on the cover.
The bottom right cover strap partially obstructs the 650 volume button located on the end of the device. This could be an issue for someone who uses the volume but since I don't -- that's what my Sony mp3 walkman is for -- I'm golden.
The T1 is probably even closer in size to a Kindle Touch than the 650 is. I can't tell if the power slider would be obstructed by the bottom right strap of the cover.
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos of your 650! Actually I just bought the Oberon cover for the Kindle Touch too. It's a great fit with the T1, and the straps do not interfere with power button or the screen. I got the Camelot design in Saddle Brown. I am planning on taking photos and posting a review this weekend.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #111
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Acase Kindle Touch Leather Case

I bought a Acase Kindle Touch Leather Case from Amazon ($11.45 w/ free Prime shipping) and the fit is perfect especially when I put in the T1 upside down! Also, since the flap opening is now to the left, the flipped magnetic closure secures my left hand well when I read one-handed. The stylus stays in quite snugly as well.

In fact, the fit wasn't bad when the T1 was installed as intended. The bottom leather holders covered the prev & menu buttons slightly, but they stayed where the buttons bevel down and didn't push the buttons down on their own. Yet, with the T1 upside down, it's almost like the case was made for T1.

Overall, great price for a good-looking and well-functioning case. I'm totally satisfied.

ps. I'm taking back the recommendation IF you have a white T1. I took out my T1 today and found that the interior lining's grey color had transferred to the T1 (where the back curves in, about half an inch inside each edge). Lysol wipe took most of the bad spots out, but not all. I've found that the white T1's back tends to get dirty very quickly, but this color transfer incident has been the worst of all. Stay away if your T1 is white.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1060594.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	80555   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060603.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	815.0 KB
ID:	80556   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060597.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	563.5 KB
ID:	80557  

Last edited by soseono; 01-03-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: postscript
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #112
Krystl
Connoisseur
Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-t1
Hi soseono, looks beautiful.

can you take a picture of your acase the "right way around"? I was wondering about that very case. too bad that it is "just not quite right" because I really liked the looks of it and was wondering if it would work anyway.

How does it work with the curved bevel at the bottom?
Krystl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #113
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystl View Post
can you take a picture of your acase the "right way around"? I was wondering about that very case. too bad that it is "just not quite right" because I really liked the looks of it and was wondering if it would work anyway.
See attached. It sort-of works the "right way around", but honestly I like it much better "the other way around"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011-12-29_230119.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	80582  
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #114
Krystl
Connoisseur
Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-t1
Thank you for the photos.

you're right. the holders at the bottom are just a bit too high to be right.

too bad.I like it the other way around, but really want it on the right side
Krystl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:20 AM   #115
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
T1 and 650 in the same Oberon cover?

Quote:
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos of your 650! Actually I just bought the Oberon cover for the Kindle Touch too. It's a great fit with the T1, and the straps do not interfere with power button or the screen. I got the Camelot design in Saddle Brown. I am planning on taking photos and posting a review this weekend.
I'd be interested in seeing that. I compared my 650 to a T1 and I find it hard to believe they'll both fit the same Oberon cover. The T1 is about 1/2" narrower and longer than my 650. The 650 in the pictures from the previous post above seems to fit the KT cover real well.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #116
soloist66
Enthusiast
soloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordeater View Post
I'd be interested in seeing that. I compared my 650 to a T1 and I find it hard to believe they'll both fit the same Oberon cover. The T1 is about 1/2" narrower and longer than my 650. The 650 in the pictures from the previous post above seems to fit the KT cover real well.

WE
Hi Wordeater. It's true that the T1 is a smidge longer than the 650. However, both the 650 and the KT are thicker than the T1. The straps can therefore accommodate the bit of extra length in the T1.

Here are the relevant dimensions:

KT: 172 x 120 x 10.1mm
T1: 173 x 110 x 8.9mm
650: 168 x 118.8 x 9.6mm
Old 12-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #117
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordeater View Post

WE
What really matters is the dimensions of the T1 compared to the Kindle Touch which is what the cover was designed to fit.

Here are the equivalent dimensions in inches from the Amazon and Sony website specs to go with the mm dimensions that soloist66 posted.

Kindle Touch: 6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40"
T1: 6.875" x 4.375" x 0.375"

The height is nearly identical. The difference in width is not as large as you suggest. It's only about 0.16" narrower on either side of the T1. The covers are meant to be an extremely tight fit with the device that they are designed for. Therefore, they can accommodate a slightly smaller device and still be a good fit. Plus, one strap is elastic which helps to hold the ereader very securely.

I already had 2 other Oberon covers so I knew what to expect. I use a Kindle 2 cover with my 950 and a Nook Color cover with my Nook Color. My main concern was whether the straps would cover any buttons.

I think it's excellent news that the the Kindle Touch cover will also work with the 650! Many people have been modifying the Oberon Journal and using Velcro to attach the 650 inside.

I will post pictures later this weekend.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 12-31-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #118
soloist66
Enthusiast

Quote:

I think it's excellent news that the the Kindle Touch cover will also work with the 650! Many people have been modifying the Oberon Journal and using Velcro to attach the 650 inside.
Absolutely! I was one of the Velcro / Journal people until I sprung for the KT cover. But now I can repurpose the Oberon journal...for the 350 that I just picked up as a backup!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #119
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
Yes, we need an Oberon Kindle 4/PRS-T1 tester! I did get a Verso cover, but, I keep think thinking about those gorgeous Oberon leather covers...

Anyone volunteering?
I decided to go for it and ordered the Kindle Touch cover from Oberon. It works great with my T1! I am very happy. I wrote a detailed review in a separate post. Here's the link with more photos:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163426
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Inside.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	80634  
Old 01-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #120
Beamer102
Beamer102 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I find it interesting that no one really talks too highly of the sony branded covers. I bought the one with the light as I had one for my PRS505. I actually find the T1 case better than the original ones. It actually holds the reader so it is secure and not floppy. No weak plastic arms holding the reader in place. It works for me but by the sounds of these posts many of you are very creative.
I wanted a case with a built in light because I find I need the light fairly often. Sadly there is no magnetic closure. That's the only downfall I can see.

I even clip the stylus to the case. It's stays on just fine as long as you keep the case upright. That being said I don't really use the stylus much so it just sits at home.

Last edited by Beamer102; 01-01-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Beamer102 is offline   Reply With Quote