Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Kindle Fire Case/Cover Thread

Figured i'd start a thread with a collection of cases/covers for the Kindle Fire, feel free to add to it.

Also keep in mind that Amazon is listing the release dates of all the Fire cases to co-incide with the launch, but some cases may be available early straight from the manufacturer. For example, I ordered the Slim Sleeve from Timbuk2 and it shipped today even though Amazon states 11/15.

Amazon - Zip Sleeve, $29.99 (Available 11/15)
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Zi...SNCEM3N40CZ9PM

Marware Covers
http://www.marware.com/kindle-covers...le-fire-covers

CEO Hybrid, $44.99
MicroShell Folio, $39.99
Axis, $39.99
EcoVue, $34.99
jurni, $29.99

Timbuk2 Covers
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...r/#fits-kindle

Envelop Sleeve, $24.99
Cush Sleeve, $34.99
Plush Sleeve, $34.99
Slim Sleeve, $24.99

Belkin Covers
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatSectionVi...tion_Id=208772

Verve Tab Folio, $29.99
Grip Sleeve, $29.99
Portfolio Sleeve, $19.99
Verve Folio Stand, ?

M-Edge Covers
http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindletab1/
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Amazon is touting the Fire as a fairly sturdy tablet, so I'm hoping SF Bags / Waterfield designs one of their slipcases for it. I've used their slipcase for my (original) DX and love it.

I do have a purple Belkin case on my wish list, though.

Edited to add: Just checked SFBags.com and they have seven cases ready for pre-order. Oh, the decisions...

Another edit to add: No affiliation other than I love their bags and have a number of them.

Last edited by Studio717; 10-04-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio717 View Post
Amazon is touting the Fire as a fairly sturdy tablet, so I'm hoping SF Bags / Waterfield designs one of their slipcases for it. I've used their slipcase for my (original) DX and love it.

I do have a purple Belkin case on my wish list, though.

Edited to add: Just checked SFBags.com and they have seven cases ready for pre-order. Oh, the decisions...

Another edit to add: No affiliation other than I love their bags and have a number of them.
Yeah, i'm going the slip case route as well, but opted for Timbuk2. I might put a screen protector on it, but that's about it.
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just want a sleeve as well and a screen protector or I might put a silicon skin on it like I have on my phone.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #5
DarkRose
DarkRose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Oberon Designs is working on making covers for the whole new family...Personally I'm waiting on one of those..They're stupidly expensive but so beautiful and worth every penny. I dropped my kindle on concrete the other day and it was absolutely fine!
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRose View Post
Oberon Designs is working on making covers for the whole new family...Personally I'm waiting on one of those..They're stupidly expensive but so beautiful and worth every penny. I dropped my kindle on concrete the other day and it was absolutely fine!
Another vote for the Oberon! Mine has held up exceptionally well.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Marware ecovue. I like the hand thingy in the back. I also like to flip back the front flap & can hold it with my fingers better. That's what I do with my current kindle cover.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRose View Post
They have both sleeves and covers on their website now. The covers also have some kind of stand thingy with them.

http://www.oberondesign.com/Kindle.php

And they are expensive, $60 for the sleeves and $70 for the covers. Everything I have heard indicates they are worth the money. YMMV

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I don't like ANY of these so far! But think I'll have to do with a Verve Tab Folio.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
SkookumPete
Enthusiast
SkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle
With the leather Oberon cover tooled in a Celtic design, I feel like I'm holding a magic book from the Hogwarts library.
SkookumPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I don't like any of these and will wait for more choices form other vendors.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #12
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
Amazon Basics Leather Folio Cover with Multi-Angle Adjustable Stand for Kindle Fire (Black)...this cover is $25 from Amazon...but if it's for the kindle fire, I don't know why the dimensions are 12.7 x 17.3"..... sounds a tad large.
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I purchased a case off ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-degree-R...#ht_2698wt_917

I received it yesterday in the mail, for those on a budget I can recommend this case. Check it out.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Ended up going for the Kindle Fire MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware in White. Supposed to be very light, so let's see how it goes.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
I bought a gorgeous one from Verso - it is pricey at $39.99, though. But I love it! here it is ...

http://www.lightwedge.com/Welcome/Ve...an-Calligraphy
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote