Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #61
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Caught up to here.

I have a new one today that could use some loving.

Berserker - Vikings Versus Yeti in Northern Russia.

http://www.amazon.com/Berserker/dp/B004CRSQSU/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Berserker/dp/B004CRSQSU/
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #62
D.A. Boulter
D.A. Boulter began at the beginning.

I tagged everyone, both US and UK.

Mine are:

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PELGRAFF/dp/B003XVYGVM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piltons-Moon.../dp/B003TXS5A2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Courtesan/dp/B003P2VH98

US
http://www.amazon.com/PELGRAFF/dp/B003XVYGVM
http://www.amazon.com/Piltons-Moon-V.../dp/B003TXS5A2
http://www.amazon.com/Courtesan/dp/B003P2VH98
D.A. Boulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #63
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williemeikle View Post
Caught up to here.

I have a new one today that could use some loving.

Berserker - Vikings Versus Yeti in Northern Russia.

http://www.amazon.com/Berserker/dp/B004CRSQSU/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Berserker/dp/B004CRSQSU/
Did you forget to put a description on this one? Nothing's coming up on the page.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #64
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need to apply some tags to Pilton's Moon.

Edit: I take it back... apparently some pages display tags differently, or not at all, depending on what other content is on the page (one of mine is doing the same thing).

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 11-19-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #65
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A. Boulter View Post
I tagged everyone, both US and UK.
You must have missed mine. I haven't had a new tag in more than two days.

Orphan

Orphan UK
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #66
D.A. Boulter
D.A. Boulter began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
You must have missed mine. I haven't had a new tag in more than two days.

Orphan

Orphan UK
Got you Nov 2nd on the kindleboards thread. I'm the keeper of the list on page 30 of the UK tagging thread.

Last edited by D.A. Boulter; 11-19-2010 at 05:46 PM.
D.A. Boulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #67
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A. Boulter View Post
Got you Nov 2nd on the kindleboards thread. I'm the keeper of the list on page 30 of the UK tagging thread.
Thanks, I noticed I had also already tagged yours.

BTW, I have a new one:

Not-Your-Typical-Scantily-Clad-Virgin-Sacrifice

NYTSCVS UK
Old 11-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #68
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
Got ya.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #69
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hoorah! Up to here now.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #70
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur

Looks like I'm still caught up.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #71
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlk View Post
Now I have to address the 'not being born knowing everything' comment. Since I am the OP of this thread, I'm gonna have to bump you Maria and say that I am the one and only master of the universe, born knowing everything there is to know.

And I have tagged your latest Tome of Wisdom on both sides of the pond, Oh Great One! For, truly, I never doubted your superiority, as all are aware that Age goeth before Beauty.

Got other new folks/new books, too.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #72
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm caught up
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #73
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
I exchanged tags with other writers through tagmybook.com, I think. I soon, however, got mixed feelings about doing it. I mean tags should probably come from Amazon customers who are not trying to promote their own books.

My two cents. Any thoughts?

Randy
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #74
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
I exchanged tags with other writers through tagmybook.com, I think. I soon, however, got mixed feelings about doing it. I mean tags should probably come from Amazon customers who are not trying to promote their own books.

Randy
This is a good point. I'll tell you what I do. I will tag 'generic' tags like fiction, kindle, kindle books etc... I feel they are harmless and the customer can still make up his/her own mind up on whether or not to purchase a book based on reviews and synopsis and so on. Tagging genre related tags just help point the customer in the right direction.

I try not to tag things that I am not qualified to tag or tags that refer to movies or books that have nothing to do with the story.

Last edited by Williamlk; 11-23-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #75
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post

I consider tagging others' books harmless: You are only making them more visible to others, not actually endorsing them. Promotion is part of selling, just like paying for ads or buying space in a magazine or subway billboard... this is just another method of advertising. You're contributing to promoting another's book, much the same as if you put an ad for their book in the back of your book... quid pro quo.

If you're not comfortable doing it, that's fine, I understand. But I wouldn't feel as if you're doing anything wrong or underhanded.

Tags
amazon authors, author tags, indie authors, william l.k.