Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #31
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Lucky Joy...now you will have two!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Lucky Joy...now you will have two!
Yes , and I don't know what to do with the extra Kindle. I'm sure I could find somebody who could live wit the color blotches. But I don't want the serialnumber of my first paperwhite to turn up at an other account and give Amazon the feeling I fooled them. I know, I'm weird that way I realy can't use the first paperwhite myself anymore, since the bright green and pink blotcher already gave me migraine for real.

Last edited by Joy736; 01-28-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #33
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Yes , and I don't know what to do with the extra Kindle. I'm sure I could find somebody who could live wit the color blotches. But I don't want the serialnumber of my first paperwhite to turn up at an other account and give Amazon the feeling I fooled them. I know, I'm weird that way I realy can't use the first paperwhite myself anymore, since the bright green and pink blotcher already gave me migraine for real.
Maybe you can still return it to the shop where you got it?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #34
Woekie
Woekie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Quote:
Yes , and I don't know what to do with the extra Kindle. I'm sure I could find somebody who could live wit the color blotches. But I don't want the serialnumber of my first paperwhite to turn up at an other account and give Amazon the feeling I fooled them. I know, I'm weird that way
Great service. Congratulations!

Just out of curiosity, what did the people of Esereader say about the fact that your screen was not good? They sell the Kindle at twice the price Amazon charges (and with special offers too), so you would expect some customer service. Don't they want to give you your money back? That way you wouldn't have to worry about the serial number.
Woekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #35
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woekie View Post
Great service. Congratulations!

Just out of curiosity, what did the people of Esereader say about the fact that your screen was not good? They sell the Kindle at twice the price Amazon charges (and with special offers too), so you would expect some customer service. Don't they want to give you your money back? That way you wouldn't have to worry about the serial number.
I actually didn't even contact them, because I figured they might not aknowledge the screen issue and it would take them ages to get me a replacement. I just tried with Amazon and when they told me they couldn't do anything, I told them I would try with easereaders.nl, but Amazon couldn't let it go and kept coming back to me. Great service!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #36
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was looking at buying through a similar service in Australia. I was getting antsy to get my hands on a PW. However at the inflated price I decided to hold back. Also, I wasn't so sure I trusted their claims on service/support.

Very lucky because it was only a week later that Amazon announced that it was shipping internationally.

Yay!!!

I'm so excited - it should be arriving on Thursday. I'll be crushed if it's late.

I know it's stupid to get so excited as I already have a Kindle Keyboard and a Galaxy Note mobile, but I guess I just want some of that feeling I got with the original Kindle. It has been my favourite gadget purchase and really has changed my relationship to books completely.

Do you ever go back and think about those series of moments when you got into eReading for the first time? For me, it was discovering books at much cheaper prices than from stores in Australia, indie authors, public domain works, adjustable font sizes, instant dictionary look-ups, highlighting and no heavy books. Every day seemed to be a new wow. I bought it only thinking about the space remaining on my bookshelves. Imagine the revelations I experienced.

I'm probably putting far too much pressure on poor Kindle PW 3G. But I'm hoping the extra contrast, the touch screen experience (which I'm getting used to on my Galaxy Note) and the front light (please don't be awful) will be enough to set the heart a'flutter all over again.

Additionally, I've been using Dropbox as my book storage, but with a 3G Kindle and my Android phone, I can now convert my current reading to personal documents and sync across the devices as I'm reading. I've been wanting to do this for a while. My current Kindle Keyboard is quite flaky with Wifi (often reboots) and I only just got my Android phone. So once I get the new Kindle there will be no manual syncing of books back and forth.

Again - YAY!!!

Anyway - thought I'd inject some enthusiasm into the discussion. I'm sure once I have the PW and all settles down, the enthusiasm will inevitably die down.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I also own a K3, two K4s, Kindle fire and 5 Inch Tablet but I say get excited about the PW because it's an awesome device! I love it. I no longer use the other Kindles and the Kindle Fire is neglected too unless I want to watch a movie.

The PW is everything I wanted in eReader. All the others were just practice.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #38
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Or you just use the colorful one for outside. Turn the light to the lowest setting, and you got a spare. If you accidentally drop it, no big deal.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #39
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Or you just use the colorful one for outside. Turn the light to the lowest setting, and you got a spare. If you accidentally drop it, no big deal.
Yes, I probably will use it as a spare in the lowest setting. The only thing is, Amazon already removed the bad paperwhite from my account. After the K4NT, this was my 2nd Kindle and it was registered as Joyce's 2nd Kindle. Now my account has the new Paperwhite (witch is still on its way) registered as Joyce's 2nd Kindle (It has the new serial-number, 603 batch this time) and my old paperwhite is nowhere to be found on my account. I wonder what will happen if I turn Wifi on, on the old pw. Is this nomal behaviour from Amazon?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, I probably will use it as a spare in the lowest setting. The only thing is, Amazon already removed the bad paperwhite from my account. After the K4NT, this was my 2nd Kindle and it was registered as Joyce's 2nd Kindle. Now my account has the new Paperwhite (witch is still on its way) registered as Joyce's 2nd Kindle (It has the new serial-number, 603 batch this time) and my old paperwhite is nowhere to be found on my account. I wonder what will happen if I turn Wifi on, on the old pw. Is this nomal behaviour from Amazon?
You don't have to use the wifi or re-register, to use the PW. Just sideload over USB.

The PW is Definitely worth getting excited over. It is unbelievably superior.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #41
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If you just keep the bad paperwhite for use as a spare, you just need to use it without it being registered. So you can sideload DRM-free ebooks onto it without any problems.

I'd presume you won't be able to register it, though perhaps others know better? But it makes sense to me that if Amazon have de-registered it from your account and told you not to bother returning it to them, it's pretty much a non-existent Kindle as far as they are concerned and you won't be able to register it to any account.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
If you just keep the bad paperwhite for use as a spare, you just need to use it without it being registered. So you can sideload DRM-free ebooks onto it without any problems.

I'd presume you won't be able to register it, though perhaps others know better? But it makes sense to me that if Amazon have de-registered it from your account and told you not to bother returning it to them, it's pretty much a non-existent Kindle as far as they are concerned and you won't be able to register it to any account.
That's correct. Amazon will "black-list" it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #43
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's correct. Amazon will "black-list" it.
Ah, thanks. It's just that this is my firs time dealing with Kindle CS. They have every right to black-list my bad PW ofcourse, since they gave me a new one.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #44
Dallista
Connoisseur
Dallista doesn't litterDallista doesn't litter

Device: K3, PW
Am thrilled with amazon! I so need to remember their free shipping to a Hermes Paketshop option within Germany. It worked out wonderfully, instead of importing the Paperwhite from .com and paying a scary amount of import taxes etc., I only paid for the device itself, and it arrived about 50 hours after ordering (through the weekend, even, not normally the fastest time for mail)! Well worth the short drive to Germany. :-)

The PW looks amazing, too. I was really worried about the blotches, but... if I look really hard, I can see a few spots of a slightly different shade, presumably from the leds?, but that's only because I know where to look, and it's nothing like what I saw on a PW in the UK some months ago (the reason why I still held off ordering one). And the back light feels so natural, I cannot imagine how I did without on my K3.

Yup, happy camper... just need to learn not to want to push the nonexistent Home and page forward buttons every time! and I would like other fonts, not sure I really like the ones they included. Where is the one from the K3? That one was fine...

Last edited by Dallista; 01-29-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Dallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #45
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^Good to hear it worked out for you. Congrats to your new PW.

Check this thread for alternative font options.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote