Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Kivgaen
Enthusiast
Kivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enough

Device: all devices
What does this message mean?

When I click on the "Validate" button (GREAT addition, by the way! I LOVE the way you list all "unreachable" elements. The only thing missing is a "Delete all" button ), sometimes I get this message that is the reverse of a unreachable element:

This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>.

This message was in reference to a font file.

Am I correct in that this message means there is an embedded font in my .epub file that is not being used?

Can I I un-embed the font using Sigil?

Cheers.

Luise
Kivgaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What it means, is that in one of the xhtml files there is a reference to a resource. However, that reference is not known in the OPF file.
Sigil creates the OPF file upon saving the epub. It is based (among other things) on all the items specified. That's the list on the left side. It could be anything, an image, a font or something else.

Please keep in mind, that names and references are case-sensitive. That little tip could save you a lot of time and headache.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivgaen View Post
When I click on the "Validate" button (GREAT addition, by the way! I LOVE the way you list all "unreachable" elements. The only thing missing is a "Delete all" button ), sometimes I get this message that is the reverse of a unreachable element:

This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>.

This message was in reference to a font file.

Am I correct in that this message means there is an embedded font in my .epub file that is not being used?

Can I I un-embed the font using Sigil?

Cheers.

Luise
Toxaris answer is good.

DELETE is not always the solution .
Somewhere there was a line that said use the 'squiggle' font, except you have no squiggle font in the manifest, BUT you do have a 'squig' font (that was supposed to be used editing the call-out is the correct solution.
Or say squiggle had copyright issues and you wish to substitut italics. You need to find where this needs to be changed.
Typos-- we never make them

IMHO each error needs to be (tediously in cases) tracked down and the best resolution effected to avoid making undesired changes to your book.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Kivgaen
Enthusiast
Kivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enoughKivgaen will become famous soon enough

That's just the thing -- I've gone through all 60+ files, done code searches, etc., and can't find a single reference to the font. This is the ony thing that I found that came anywhere close, and this was in the style sheet:

p.para2 {
font-family: "Century Gothic", sans-serif;
font-weight: normal;
text-indent:0.0em;
margin-top:0.2em;
margin-bottom:0.2em;
font-size:10pt;
}

The reference was to "OEBPS/Styles/Fonts/GOTHIC.ttf".

Is there a trick for finding where this reference is and removing it?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
Kivgaen
Enthusiast

Okay, NVM... I closed the .epub file, re-opened it, took another look at the style sheet for the (seemingly) 100th time, but THIS time, there was the @fontface reference at the very top...

I could have SWORN that wasn't there 5 minutes go...

Dis-regard this thread. I must just be going crazy.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Maybe sigil's tidy fixed it for you.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote