Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Lilac, pics!

Here ya go. My husband made me the sewing table, and the cutting table. Holds fabric two stack deep, and actually, there is much more in the closet! He's also a "NO NAILS IN THE WALL!!" fanatic, so he made me a flannel board to stick all my 'plans' into. You may notice both tables are on same wall.....thats because I move stuff around a lot. And now everything is in a different room!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cutting table.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	20178   Click image for larger version

Name:	sewing table.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	20179  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Here ya go. My husband made me the sewing table, and the cutting table. Holds fabric two stack deep, and actually, there is much more in the closet! He's also a "NO NAILS IN THE WALL!!" fanatic, so he made me a flannel board to stick all my 'plans' into. You may notice both tables are on same wall.....thats because I move stuff around a lot. And now everything is in a different room!
Very nice!! Are they on wheels?? I haven't really started working at all in my sewing room. I need to start something in there.

I am a big one for nails (or rather screws) in the drywall. Your husband would almost certainly cringe if he came to visit here.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Oh that's nice My sewing room is the dining room!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Very nice!! Are they on wheels?? I haven't really started working at all in my sewing room. I need to start something in there.

I am a big one for nails (or rather screws) in the drywall. Your husband would almost certainly cringe if he came to visit here.

No wheels. The sewing table is modular. The top lifts off, and the undercabinets are independent.

We do have lots of pics and quilts on the walls, but I think he silently sheds tears when he hangs them,
Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Oh that's nice My sewing room is the dining room!
Mine too - that's where the biggest sunniest windows are.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Awesome! It's a total Den of Creativity! That is so cool you can move stuff around
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
You have Sunbonnet Sue on the wall! My Grandma made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for me and it was always my favorite.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
You have Sunbonnet Sue on the wall! My Grandma made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for me and it was always my favorite.

Dreamer
I made one for my "California" grandaughter when she was three.......she's 12 now and is still using it.....I planned to make another one for this granddaughter.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Now, how long will it stay straight?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Now, how long will it stay straight?

To be truthful.......the only time it looks like this is when I want pictures.....or between projects.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
To be truthful.......the only time it looks like this is when I want pictures.....or between projects.
I always feel that neatness is prohibitive for creativity
Old 01-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
that's my excuse too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that's my excuse too.
And mine.

I am very organised though. And there is a major difference between being neat and tidy, and being organised.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

More Honest...

Okay, this is the beginning of a project....I know exactly what I need from this mess. It will get worse until I'm done!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	more honest.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	20262   Click image for larger version

Name:	more honest 2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	20263  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Okay, this is the beginning of a project....I know exactly what I need from this mess. It will get worse until I'm done!!

Pshaw, that's not bad.