Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #286
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm still waiting on the *first* emails from Fictionwise and eReader. Off to send more messages.

I spend a lot of money on books for myself and my family. With such great B&N service I will not be spending any of that money with them.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #287
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll be calling B&N tomorrow as I've not yet received the code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #288
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
I clicked the link earlier this week and got the "week of 11/19" response but nothing since then. I stupidly deleted the email. I know, dumbass move!

I googled for it and come up with this link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/fict...79003818&emailname@domain.com

I don't know what the number 379003818 means (anyone?) but I changed the email to mine and it seemed to go through. I got the message:
Thank you for choosing to transfer your library to NOOK.
You will receive an email in the coming weeks with your access code and further instruction."

Hopefully I'll get an email soon.
-Vito
I did not get any emails about this because my accounts at fictionwise and ereader had old email addresses. I wouldn't have known about any of this if it wasn't for finding this thread just now. I sent emails to support at both sites and I also tried adding my email to the link above. We'll see if any of that works.

Is there a similar link to submit for ereader.com?

If any of my "secure" books do eventually get transferred to bn.com that will actually make me feel much better about BN. I've been boycotting them for new purchases since I found out that my secure ereader books are now unsupported on current ereading devices.

Alf has already helped me out, but a more official solution would be nice.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #289
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Stll waiting on my code. I called BN customer service last week and pretty much the customer service rep said be patient, wait. Your code will come. I told the lady that we only had a couple of weeks to still access the books so we couldn't wait tooo long. The BN customer rep said that the actual time limit for the book transfers may be extended. (She didn't say nothing about the access to the bookshelves being extended though).

I have backed up all my eReader and Fictionwise books again last week in case some have been updated for bad formatting ( I know I am dreaming lol). Except for the .LIT books that also weren't available at the startup of the agency pricing disaster I WAS ABLE to Download ALL of MY Secure MOBI and Ereader PDB formatted books this time! Many of the Secure titles will NOT bulk download, but if you review your MyBooks readme file in the bulkdownload folder, the secure books that did not download in bulk downloads are clearly listed. You can Manually download them by going to your bookshelves and selecting the titles individually - I had 79 titles that didnot download in bulk. All of the agency titles that didn't download in 2010 were now available again and did download a fresh copy! So make sure you check your readme.txt files and get ALL your books!
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #290
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Just made my last couple of Fictionwise purchases. It's sad.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #291
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Just made my last couple of Fictionwise purchases. It's sad.

Graham
Yeah agreed. I'm gonna miss that store! The coupons especially.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #292
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'll miss the store but not the customer service (lack that is), still no emails, or responce to my two emails to customer services.

And they wonder why Amazon have so many customers............

I'd love to open an account with B&N, assuming they actually want me.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #293
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I'm definitely going to miss them. I only was buying ebooks in the last year and a half. I must say that I did make good use of their coupons.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #294
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I'm still waiting and still no progress on the bulk of my 600 books. Really hoping this transfer happens. It is convenient to read everything in the Nook apps and have it sync across my devices, well when the sync feature actually works.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #295
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just got off the phone with BN - FW still hasn't responded to my original support email, but I have had some help from BN's support line. Latest info is that I should get my code to transfer books no later than 12/16.

I expect to call them on 12/17.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #296
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm slightly concerned that I haven't had anything from them yet. Anyone in the UK (& with a UK address at Fictionwise) got an email yet?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #297
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm in the UK and got my email tonight, created an account at nook.uk, just waiting now for the transfer in email.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #298
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm in the UK and got my email tonight, created an account at nook.uk, just waiting now for the transfer in email.
Hmm.. still nothing here. What was the From: address? (Just in case it's got spam trapped.)
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #299
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Hmm.. still nothing here. What was the From: address? (Just in case it's got spam trapped.)
To answer my own question: Barnes & Noble <barnesandnoble@m.bn.com>

It was in my spam folder. Indeed, I found two years worth of messages from B&N in my spam folder! Now retrieved, and I shall follow the directions.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #300
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Interestingly, my email says that sales will stop on 9th December. And yes, the first step is to create an account at nook uk, so I'll do that. Oh, and I must sign up by 21st December.

Ah - but I have a nook.com account with that address. I'll change my nook.com email address, as it's just full of freebies and unimportant. I think I'd better have my nook.co.uk address match my fictionwise address.

And now I have to wait for that change to percolate through the systems. Sigh.

For those interested, the email (suitably redacted) is under the spoiler button.
Spoiler:

Dear Fictionwise Customer,

As you may know, in March of 2009, Fictionwise, comprised of several eBook retail websites, including Fictionwise.com , eReader.com and eBookwise.com, was acquired by Barnes & Noble.

Fictionwise is in the process of winding down its operations, and Fictionwise.com will end sales on December 9, 2012. Please note you will not be able to access your Fictionwise Bookshelf through the site after January 31, 2013.

An Easy Transition to Barnes & Noble’s NOOK® Reading Experience

We know how important eBooks are to you, and we’d like to offer you the opportunity to transfer your Fictionwise.com Bookshelf to a NOOK digital library.

You will be able to read the transferred eBooks that you purchased at Fictionwise (including eReader.com and eBookwise.com) by downloading NOOK’s free mobile app to your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, as well as on on the award-winning NOOK® devices.

Step 1:

Create an account at NOOK. co.uk. Click through here to create an account:
https://uk.nook.com/sessions/new?success_url=%2F

Step 2:

Once you have created your account at NOOK.co.uk, please click through to the link below to go to the opt-in page. On the opt-in page you will be instructed to confirm that you would like your Fictionwise eBooks in your Fictionwise Bookshelf transferred to a NOOK Library. Please opt-in by December 21, 2012.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/fictionwise/[redacted]?&email=[redacted]

Step 3:

Once you opt-in, you will receive an email from Barnes & Noble.com with an access code and instructions for redeeming this code. This access code represents the Fictionwise eBooks in your Fictionwise Bookshelf that are being transferred to a NOOK Library for you. You will also see a link to a code redemption page. This code redemption page is on the U.S. NOOK site, but your transferrable titles will deliver to a NOOK UK account. You do not need to make a US account.

Click through to the redemption page and simply enter your code as prompted. This will move your existing eBooks into a NOOK Library. Please redeem this code by January 31, 2013.

How Will the Transition Work?

· A few Fictionwise titles may not transfer due to discontinued publishing programs. You will be able to see which titles were unable to be transferred by clicking through here. In most cases, you can back up these Fictionwise files to your personal hard drive on a Mac or PC. To learn more about backing up these files, please click here http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

· Audio books will not be part of this transfer process. If you want to continue to access audio book files, we recommend that you backup those files if you haven’t done so already. To learn more about backing up and downloading these files, please click here http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

· Personal files that you may have uploaded to your libraries (i.e. any file in your eBookwise library that was not sold to you by eBookwise) will not transfer.

· Subscriptions to magazines will not transfer. Please note that these subscriptions have been fulfilled through November 2012. Any remaining balance in you subscription will be refunded and subscription holders will receive a separate communication regarding this refund.

Please note that once the Fictionwise eBooks are transferred to a NOOK Library, the eBooks will be in ePub format. The ePub titles that will appear in your new NOOK Library cannot be read on Fictionwise legacy applications or devices.

If you elect to opt-in, please note that any eBooks you have purchased at Fictionwise from October 23th to December 9, 2012 will not be part of the initial transfer process, but will be automatically transferred to your NOOK Library starting on December 10, 2012.

A reminder: Whether or not you opt in to have your Fictionwise eBooks transferred to a NOOK Library, by January 31, 2013, you should also download any titles and/or files you plan to read on an application or on a device that does not support the ePub if you haven’t done so already. You can learn more about downloading your Fictionwise files here: http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

What if I don’t opt-in to have my eBooks transferred?

After January 31, 2013, your Fictionwise Bookshelf will no longer be accessible via the Fictionwise.com website. If you decide not to opt-in to have your Fictionwise Bookshelf transferred to NOOK, you will need to make sure that, if you haven’t done so already, you have downloaded your eBooks to continue reading these eBooks through Fictionwise legacy applications or devices. Since AudioBooks, any personal files created, and subscriptions to magazines will not be available to transfer to a NOOK Library, please make sure you have previously downloaded these files, or please download these files before January 31, 2013. You can learn more about downloading your Fictionwise files here: http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

Information about Micropay Accounts

Please take a moment to use your Micropay Rewards and/or Micropay Dollars on Fictionwise.com as they will not be valid after December 9, 2012. Please note that any eBooks purchased at Fictionwise after you have opted-in to transfer to a NOOK Library at Barnes & Noble will not be part of the initial transfer process. As noted above, a second transfer will be possible for titles purchased between October 23 –December 9, 2012 and you will automatically be eligible for this second transfer once opted in.

If you don’t use your Micropay Rebate Dollars by December 9, 2012, you will receive a separate email regarding the refund on any balance in your account.

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information about how you can transfer your Fictionwise Bookshelf to a NOOK Library, including additional details on how the transition will apply to current Buywise Club members, eMagazine subscriptions, Micropay Dollars and more, please visit our FAQ web page: http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm

We greatly appreciate your support of Fictionwise over the years. Together, we helped pioneer eBooks and eReading.

Thank you.

The Fictionwise Team

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.