Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
filipexim
filipexim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Deleting book

Hi, I'm doing my first contribution to an open source community, and I choose calibre to start. I'm looking for something simple to begin. I noticed that when you delete a book its cover doesn't disappear from the right side bar. I want to change this behavior and automatically select the next book on list to have it's cover shown on this bar.

I'm looking at the calibre/gui2/actions/delete.py file. I have some questions:

1 - Where can I see the available methods and variables for self.gui? I understood that this is used to access the gui elements, but i couldn't find what it's available to be used.

2 - To do what I'm pretending to do, where else in the code should I be also looking?

Thanks.
filipexim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to see what methods are available on any python object just insert a

print (vars(obj))

and run calibre with

calibre-debug -g

The self.gui class is defined in gui2/ui.py
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
filipexim

Also in the delete.py file:

I can't find the methods for library_view variable in

Code:
self.gui.library_view
Already tried:

Code:
print (vars(self.gui.library_view))
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
filipexim

I'm guessing this is something from QT library.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

library/views.py
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
filipexim

Great!
It's working. Just one more thing:
When you delete all books from calibre, the cover of the last selected book still appears on the right side bar. How can I set this image to switch to the "default_cover" instead?
Old 05-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

gui2/book_details.py