Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
secretpact
secretpact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 page turn slowdown

When I first got my Kindle 3 the page turn speeds were lightning quick, just like the videos I've seen. However, I downloaded my Economist subscription and after reading a few sections of it, my kindle decided to become very very slow at refreshing the screen. This applies to anything that changes the screen from bringing up the menu to turning a page. I reset my kindle and it is now back to normal speed. This has happened to me twice. Has anyone else had this issue?
secretpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try resetting your K3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
secretpact
secretpact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yea I reset it and it's good now, but I've had to do it twice . I don't want to keep having to reset it every week.
secretpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh. it *just* happened to me right in the middle of a book. (And when we I say 'slow', I mean 'really slow', like a fade-to-black flash of nearly a full second every *full* page turn [AFAICT, semi-refresh of parts of screens [ie. the underline on the Home screen] didn't seem that slow, but I didn't try that much]).

Did a restart, same thing. Let it go to sleep. Picked it up 15min later, and so far, so good.

>_<"

I'll try to see if something came up in the logs tomorrow.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Bismar
Connoisseur
Bismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo eReader
I've made a thread on it yesterday.

See here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96724

If we could get everyone to share their experiences in one place, it might make it easier to find a hopefully permanent solution.
Bismar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, I was just gonna point to this thread in your thread. This one just happened to come before yours when I refreshed the forum .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote