Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Vega Tablet headed to T-Mobile UK

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/i...ed-to-t-mobil/

15 inch Tegra based tablet will be available the end of the year. Seems they are positioning it as a Family tablet. Meant to sit in the Kitchen and allow everyone to keep calendars/schedules coordinated.

I've been talking about a device like this for years. One that can pull everyones calendar info together for a Family and also be used for news reading, recipes etc. My version would be something Bistable for power efficiency but Im happy to see something going more in this direction.

Now give it a fridge mount LG should do a fridge with a pop out 3g/4g/Bluetooth tablet
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Interesting! The obvious thing, I guess, would be to equip it with a TV Tuner, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Not sure i get that as a use? I guess could be good for people who are not technology oriented.

I guess the 'family' looking for a giant electronic calender and recipe book market is bigger than the 'Technology savvy/geek Android' market?

For my family we use a mac and pay for the mobile me service which syncs calenders across Iphone, Touch, macs and PC's.

Also they did the research by asking 1000 Families... seems daft doing research at the stage when you have already decided who the audience is.

Are single people not interested in recipes and calenders?

Last edited by stustaff; 01-07-2010 at 01:06 PM.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
well single people with roommates would be a target too
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
well single people with roommates would be a target too
Thats true

I guess with this i just kind of feel in my clearly non researched point of view that for me in a typical family...

Mum if in the UK she actually cooks from scratch(unlikely for the majority) she will already have recipe books and buying it from bookshop for her is going to be much more likely than buying it as an ebook.

Rest of family will have access to a computer already(very few without this ability)

All of them will have phones with calenders and alarms in that this WONT link, it will just send a text at a set time before which I guess is better than nothing.

what are they going to actually use this to do? browse the web? watch Films?

Whats the Battery life playing a film at 1080P with wifi on at full brightness when its not docked in the kitchen? Long enough to watch even one film?

What will that battery life be like in 1 yr?

Just seems like bit of a device that they are trying to create a need for in peoples minds, rather than one wich atually fits any existing needs.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Great, does it support the low-power wireless mesh standards which are starting to appear in home devices?
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote