Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-15-2022, 01:28 PM   #1
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Micro-USB —> 3.5mm jack for Pocketbook?

My new Pocketbook 632 THD3 came with an audio converter thing for use with non- bluetooth headphones etc. I would like at least one extra so I can leave one in the car. I ordered one from Amazon but it didn’t register with the device. Does anyone know any techy details of what is needed, or somewhere I can get one? They aren’t listed under accessories on the pocketbook site. I’m in the U.K. and the relevant Pocketbook store seems to be .de or .ch. thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
HvdB
Enthusiast
HvdB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningwoman View Post
My new Pocketbook 632 THD3 came with an audio converter thing for use with non- bluetooth headphones etc. I would like at least one extra so I can leave one in the car. I ordered one from Amazon but it didn’t register with the device. Does anyone know any techy details of what is needed, or somewhere I can get one? They aren’t listed under accessories on the pocketbook site. I’m in the U.K.
It' s very difficult to find any micro- usb- jack adapter. It' s a lot easier for USB-C or lightning to jack. I sent an e-mail to Pocketbook.ch via their site> contact.
They made a ticket and they will reply witin several days.
I asked if it was possible to buy an extra adapter for my Touch HD3 from them, and if they ship abroad. I' ll let you know their answer. 🙂
HvdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HvdB View Post
It' s very difficult to find any micro- usb- jack adapter.
Really?
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...usb-audio.html
or
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=micros+usb+audio

The question is more, which one does work with the pocketbooks? Which nobody can answer since we don't know, how the contacts are connected on the offered products. Its a question of buy & try or ask pocketbook for their adapter.
Edit:
My guess goes in this direction, but it is only guessing:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231810238357

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-18-2022 at 04:05 PM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:38 AM   #4
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HvdB View Post
It' s very difficult to find any micro- usb- jack adapter. It' s a lot easier for USB-C or lightning to jack. I sent an e-mail to Pocketbook.ch via their site> contact.
They made a ticket and they will reply witin several days.
I asked if it was possible to buy an extra adapter for my Touch HD3 from them, and if they ship abroad. I' ll let you know their answer. 🙂

Thanks - I also contacted them and will report back.

Old 09-19-2022, 07:40 AM   #5
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Really?
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...usb-audio.html
or
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=micros+usb+audio

The question is more, which one does work with the pocketbooks? Which nobody can answer since we don't know, how the contacts are connected on the offered products. Its a question of buy & try or ask pocketbook for their adapter.
Edit:
My guess goes in this direction, but it is only guessing:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231810238357

Yes; I can find lots of micro-usb=> 3.5 mm adaptors but I’ve tried two and neither worked. I’ve been told on Reddit that I need one that doesn’t work on Samsung, as there are two types - Korean based and Chinese based - and I need Chinese.

Advert
Old 09-19-2022, 08:49 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
MicroUSB OTG adaptor to USB-A socket with a generic USB audio adaptor works on PW3 (with extra SW download) and most Android phones/ tablets (just plug it in). About €12 total for both. Will work also with headset that has a separate mic plug for mic.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:07 PM   #7
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes; I can find lots of micro-usb=> 3.5 mm adaptors but I’ve tried two and neither worked.
You can send an e- mail to help@pocketbook.ch and ask for an extra audio-adapter.
They will reply and ask your PB model and the serial number of your device. It is possible to get it this way.

Update: Yesterday I received my extra adapter for my PB HD3 for free. It came from Poland- Fixit with UPS. Very good service from PB! :-)

Last edited by HvdB; 09-24-2022 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #8
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Really?My guess goes in this direction, but it is only guessing:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231810238357
I saw this one in a large online-store in The Netherlands. There were only bad reviews and they stopped selling this. I also searched on several sites especially for cables and also no micro usb- jacks there. I don' t use Ebay or Aliexpress.

My Onyx Boox devices have USB C and I found several good working audio adapters for them. However, using the usb- port for audio asks a more of the battery than Bluetooth does i.m.o. I use the adapter + headphone when I travel. :-)

Last edited by HvdB; 09-21-2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:24 PM   #9
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
MicroUSB OTG adaptor to USB-A socket with a generic USB audio adaptor works on PW3 (with extra SW download) and most Android phones/ tablets (just plug it in). About €12 total for both. Will work also with headset that has a separate mic plug for mic.

Could you explain the bit about the extra SW download please? Also, PW3? Did you mean PB? Thanks.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:27 AM   #10
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur

This one arrived from eBay today and it works! It looks a bit flimsy compared to the pocketbook original, but hopefully I may get one from them as well. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155044926...mis&media=COPY
Old 09-22-2022, 06:57 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Could you explain the bit about the extra SW download please? Also, PW3? Did you mean PB? Thanks.
Extra SW only needed from Amazon for USB audio on a PW3. I only mentioned it in passing as I only tested the USB Audio (for a PC USB-A socket) on Android and PW3 using a cheap Micro USB to USB-A dumb connector adaptor for USB2Go mode.
Glad you found something that works. At that price you can buy a spare in case you lose it or it breaks!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote