Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2021, 03:08 AM   #46
teriyake
teriyake began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch HD3
Glad this worked. I hope they will roll it out as a regular update soon!

Happy holidays!
teriyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 04:03 AM   #47
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Not overly optimistic about a release for 631, but let's see.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2021, 05:47 AM   #48
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyake View Post
Glad this worked. I hope they will roll it out as a regular update soon!

Happy holidays!
Happy Holidays. Thank you.

Yeah, I hope so also (for all PocketBook models).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 05:50 AM   #49
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Not overly optimistic about a release for 631, but let's see.
I was kind of hoping there might be something in the HD 3 upgrade that could be used in other readers. But I guess that's probably not how it works.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #50
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

PocketBook has now posted a 6.5.x upgrade for the HD3 on their website. It's newer than 6.5.1121 (6.5.1383).

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/int/s...ook-touch-hd-3

Quite a few changes in the release notes.

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...D_3_EN_6.5.pdf

Not sure if I want to upgrade, now that Overdrive is working again.
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #51
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
PocketBook has now posted a 6.5.x upgrade for the HD3 on their website. It's newer than 6.5.1121 (6.5.1383).

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/int/s...ook-touch-hd-3

Quite a few changes in the release notes.

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...D_3_EN_6.5.pdf

Not sure if I want to upgrade, now that Overdrive is working again.
I can confirm that Overdrive works with the 6.5.1383 upgrade.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #52
mblthey
Customized Reader
mblthey began at the beginning.

Device: Onx Boox Poke Pro, PocketBook Touch Lux 4
I just got hold of a PocketBook Touch Lux 4. I was so looking forward to simply download Overdrive books on the device - and now this.
The newest firmware on the website seems to be U627.6.3.569 which is also what the device gives me when I check for updates. Can anyone tell me if I can nevertheless install the firmware from the ZIP posted further up?
I don't want to brick the device right on day 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyake View Post

Link to zip file

I was told to unpack it onto the reader (main folder).
Then:
Press on/off
Press on/off together with forward/backward page buttons until it says "firmware updating" then follow instructions until the installation is complete.
mblthey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #53
artlemon
artlemon began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch Lux 4
I have the same problem. I own a PB Touch Lux 4 as well and tried to install the firmware update that @teriyake originally posted as well as the firmware update that's on the PB-Website for the PB HD3, but -- obviously -- it doesn't work for the PB Touch Lux 4. So I just wrote to customer support, let's see what they tell me.
artlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:11 PM   #54
artlemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlemon View Post
I have the same problem. I own a PB Touch Lux 4 as well and tried to install the firmware update that @teriyake originally posted as well as the firmware update that's on the PB-Website for the PB HD3, but -- obviously -- it doesn't work for the PB Touch Lux 4. So I just wrote to customer support, let's see what they tell me.
So, I already got an answer:

"The E_STREAM_ERROR: CURL returned 60 (3C) error means that the period of validity of the certificates has expired.
It is due to the fact that validation of the certificate chain issued by LetsEncrypt (provider of certificates for Overdrive books) is not working at the moment.
A software update is expected to be released soon to fix the problem. Unfortunately, the exact date of the release is unknown."

Old 05-19-2022, 05:01 AM   #55
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Wow, this is just completely unacceptable. My TL3 is just five years old and it stopped getting firmware releases in 2019. The TL4 is even younger. How hard can it be to issue a firmware release to fix this issue and only this issue?

I can safely say that I will not buy or recommend anyone buying from Pocketbook again. The TL3 was my first and last PB device.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #56
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlemon View Post
The Touch Lux 4 is (as of April 27th) at release 6.5.2307. Is that the version you're using?

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...-touch-lux-4-0

Last edited by rcentros; 05-19-2022 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:46 AM   #57
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Are people still able to transfer books from ADE to a PB device that is still stuck on an old firmware version? I tried ADE 4.5 and 3.0 on Windows 11, but ADE is not recognizing the TL3, even though Windows has no issues with it (I can browse the TL3's file system).
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:38 AM   #58
artlemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The Touch Lux 4 is (as of April 27th) at release 6.5.2307. Is that the version you're using?

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...-touch-lux-4-0
Yes! And it works again!
Old 11-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #59
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Answer I got today from help@pocketbook-int.com, having nudged at the 1-year anniversary. Says it all...
Quote:
Thank you for choosing Pocketbook.

Our R&D-department is working on fixing the problem. Updates have already been released for most current models and this error does not occur on devices with a new software version. Unfortunately, the PocketBook Touch HD (631) device does not receive any updates and unfortunately this problem cannot be solved, because this model has been out of production for more than 3 years and the product lifespan has already expired.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Customer Support Team
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #60
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Yep, I bought my PB631 in 2015 I think. It's still in good shape, I keep it as a travelling companion to read short stories, but for my main reading device I bought something new.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote