Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #136
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Outcast View Post
Thanks, Rubén. Damn that was sloppy (the lack of quotation marks and the image*s* thing. Both things are going into my Don't Forget list.

Muchas gracias, contesto en inglés para que los demás puedan seguir la historia con comodidad, pero me he sorprendido de encontrar varios hispanohablantes en estos foros… o al menos, que lo dejen manifiesto. Saludos desde Montevideo.

Just modified a pair of properties (I found position:100% bit some pixels off the right side of the image; and attachment I needed the image not to scroll, in case there is scrolling).
Code:
div.Basic_Text_Frame {
    border-style: 0;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 2.5em 6em 0 0;
    background: url("../Images/bordes.jpg") no-repeat 99% fixed; 
    background-size: contain;
}
But for some reason I still can't see it in ADE. I'll try in another PC.
Are you using the copy @RbnJrg posted? The CSS modification he posted was after using Sigil's Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm tool so the images are now in Images. For your original, ../image/filename.jpg is correct, you just need to add the "....".

Code:
div.Basic_Text_Frame {
    border-style: 0;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 2.5em 6em 0 0;
    background: url("../image/bordes.jpg") no-repeat 99% fixed; 
    background-size: contain;
}
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #137
Land_Outcast
Enthusiast
Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Thanks, David, but it is all the same (I actually renamed the folder, updating paths).
Land_Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 02:32 PM   #138
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Thanks, David, but it is all the same (I actually renamed the folder, updating paths).
It must work. Use the copy I attached or do what DNSB told you, that is to restructure the epub to Sigil Norm. ADE doesn't show the image because it doesn't find it.

[Debe funcionar. Emplea la copia que adjunté para hacer tus modificaciones o haz lo que te dijo DNSB, esto es, estructurar el epub al modo estandar de Sigil con el comando respectivo (Herramientas/Restructurar Epub a la norma Sigil). ADE no te muestra la imagen porque no la está encontrando; no es suficiente con renombrar el directorio, tienes también que modificar la estructura interna del libro]

Saludos desde Rosario, Argentina.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #139
Land_Outcast
Enthusiast
Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!Land_Outcast rocks like Gibraltar!

Effectively, your copy does work.
Perhaps my main problem is that I'm using Calibre to work on the EPUBs, I've read it's not the optimal choice.
By the way, this restructuring, is it semantic or are we talking about original compression?

[No estoy seguro de a qué te referís con «la estructura interna», si es al OPF, está actualizado… Ahora, si es a la estructura de compresión original, ahí sí estoy en falta.]
Old 05-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #140
Land_Outcast
Enthusiast

Ok, just did it, downloaded Sigil and presto magico!, it is solved.

Gracias, otra vez, Rubén.

I guess it is time to say good-bye to Calibre as my epub editor, I've been working with Calibre the past three years (originally had it as a book organizer for print jobs, and as soon as ebooks started being a thing in Uruguay —i.e. the State decided to buy some for educational programmes— I was overjoyed to have an epub editor in my hands).

Sigil seems simple enough, I guess the switch will be mostly painless.
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #141
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

I guess it is time to say good-bye to Calibre as my epub editor, I've been working with Calibre the past three years (originally had it as a book organizer for print jobs, and as soon as ebooks started being a thing in Uruguay —i.e. the State decided to buy some for educational programmes— I was overjoyed to have an epub editor in my hands).

Sigil seems simple enough, I guess the switch will be mostly painless.
I use both. Sigil is my go to epub editor but the calibre editor does some tasks better.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #142
Land_Outcast
Enthusiast

Quote:
the calibre editor does some tasks better.
Care to point out which? Out of curiosity.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #143
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Effectively, your copy does work.
Perhaps my main problem is that I'm using Calibre to work on the EPUBs, I've read it's not the optimal choice.
By the way, this restructuring, is it semantic or are we talking about original compression?

[No estoy seguro de a qué te referís con «la estructura interna», si es al OPF, está actualizado… Ahora, si es a la estructura de compresión original, ahí sí estoy en falta.]
As for Calibre not being the optimal choice, that's incorrect. I find Calibre's editor works rather well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #144
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:

Great! And nothing to thank

Quote:
I guess it is time to say good-bye to Calibre as my epub editor,
Why? The Calibre editor is good; I use mainly Sigil but in some tasks (for example if you need to add many special chars, Calibre is better). Use both.

[No tienes porqué abandonar definitivamente Calibre, que también es un buen editor. Yo uso principalmente Sigil pero en algunas tareas, es mejor Calibre, por ejemplo, si estás trabajando con un epub que requiere muchos caracteres especiales. En ese aspecto, el diálogo de inserción de caracteres especiales de Calibre es superior al de Sigil. También si tu libro tiene muchas imágenes y te ves obligada a editarlas, desde Calibre puedes hacerlo con solo hacer click derecho sobre el nombre de la imagen en la vista de código. En Sigil no puedes hacer eso. Sigue usando ambos editores.]
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #145
Land_Outcast
Enthusiast

Talking

That's so nice to know, I'll keep using C&S then.
And yes, image editing a click away is so cool.