Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Nook for Android issues?

Hey all! I downloaded the Nook app (supposedly compatible with Android 2.2 and up) for my 2.3 Tablet and the darned thing rarely works. I can sign into my Nook account and see my library, but it won't consistently allow me to download or view any of my books. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times; it works for an hour or two, then goes back to misbehaving. The "help" desk at BN was no help at all in three separate calls. They just told me to un- and reinstall. Can't do that every time I want to access my library, thank-you-very-much!

I've not had any problems accessing materials either directly on my Nook or on the Nook for PC app - only on the Android device.

The error message I get on my device is "Internal error: Exception executing the command."

Any ideas or insights?
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
You might try a different version of the app.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Maybe try loading an earlier version of the app to see if it's just the current one that has issues with your device? Googling 'nook apk' should yield several versions that could be sideloaded (assuming your tablet isn't locked down from sideloading).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Thanks, exscentric and AnemicOak. I'll try that - sideloading isn't a problem on my tablet, thank goodness!
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote