Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-08-2022, 05:41 AM   #1
Narinna
Narinna began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Making KOreader default reader for Pocketbook

Hey all!

So I have a Touch HD 3, but I'm struggling with the built-in reader because for some reason every few pages when I try to go forward a page it glitches and makes the pages go backward.

Anyway, I've installed KOReader, but when I look at the books in my library and hold down on a book, the 'open with' option doesn't include KOreader. Is there a way to get KOreader to be the default reader? Or do I have to go into the KOreader app every time and open the book from there?

Narinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:28 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
There is some discussion about that in the following thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339558
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:18 AM   #3
Linuxghost
Linuxghost began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Perhaps you mean to (re) link the file-extensions?
That can be achieved in the main menu of KOreader under the cogwheel -> device -> link file-extensions : Enable all
Linuxghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:28 AM   #4
serana
serana began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3; Samsung Galaxy S10e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxghost View Post
Perhaps you mean to (re) link the file-extensions?
That can be achieved in the main menu of KOreader under the cogwheel -> device -> link file-extensions : Enable all
Thank you so much! I was looking for exactly this information after having to hard reset my Pocketbook Touch HD 3 after updating it last weekend. I didn't know anymore where I found it the last time, so this was a life saver!
serana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:25 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narinna View Post
So I have a Touch HD 3, but I'm struggling with the built-in reader because for some reason every few pages when I try to go forward a page it glitches and makes the pages go backward.
I used to have this issue too, when using the touchscreen (I normally use the buttons). It may be that you were doing what I was doing, assuming the left side was "back" and the right side was "forward." Here's a page from the manual. What I was doing was tapping near the bottom to go forward, going backwards instead. (See attachment)

I think the little "backward" tap zones are actually bigger (go higher) that what they show here. This is kind of a pain when go back and forth between different readers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pbscreen.png
Views:	829
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	197097  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader, pocketbook