Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #31
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Sorry, but I couldn't resist posting this:

[IMG] ***your Mallorean picture***
Haha! Notice I didn't mention that one? I enjoyed it but as you said, it was much of a much. I read it but thought he rose again to better things with the Elenium.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #32
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post

Terry Pratchett, oh I just think 7 or 8 of his books are just the funniest things. Death of Rats? And the dog that talks and says "woof!" instead of barking and then stares at them challenging them to believe what their ears heard? It makes me smile to think of it hehe...
I think the only Terry Pratchett book I've ever enjoyed was Mort but that's just because I found Death to be absolutely hilarious (read it just after watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure so I just kept picturing Death as he was in the film).

Quote:

Yes, I also love Piers Anthony. The first of his books I read were the first 3 of the Adepts, which I thought was a trilogy for years. I almost put those on the list except I haven't read them in a long time and I do remember he went back and forth between worlds more than - just appearing once so it seemed more Amber'ish in my mind than Belgariad'ish. And the Pale Rider series and many of the Xanth, A Spell for Chameleon is classic, also excellent.
I see what you're saying about the Adept series and the changing of worlds but to be honest when I think about Eddings I think more about his characterisations rather than the fact it's supposed to be "epic fantasy" so that's why I would put the Adept series in there purely for that. I must admit i've always had a bit of a snigger when people call Eddings work "epic fantasy" because to be perfectly honest in my opinion it's too easy a read for that. Eddings is about pure enjoyment and really feeling you've gotten to know the characters rather than the world they're inhabiting (one of the reasons I like Goodkinds work as well).

Quote:

And the Robert Margroff books, sonofa.. You won't believe I sat here trying to remember the name of that series or the author's name. That was the last series I had in mind to add except I couldn't remember anything but the story. That is really amazing that we read all the same stuff, lol.. very funny..
Glad I could help, I read the first book about twenty years ago never realising it was part of a series until a few years back when I saw all five on sale as a bundle for £2.00 in a second hand book store, to say i was a little bit excited would be an uderstatement lol.

Quote:

heh, unfortunately, Ima 50 year old, fat, balding, hetero guy so, no luck hehehehhehe... Nice to meet someone with so similar taste though.
Awww shucks... You had to tell me didn't you I could have kept the dream going for ages lol.

Another one to throw into the melting pot would have to be Terry Brook's Magic Kingdom For Sale/Sold series, again it's light hearted but a good way to while away a few hours.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #33
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Hmm... Amazon has the Belgariad, Vol. 2(books 4 & 5) for the Kindle but not Volume 1.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Hmm... Amazon has the Belgariad, Vol. 2(books 4 & 5) for the Kindle but not Volume 1.
It's been that way for years, unfortunately. Silly, isn't it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #35
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
An omnibus edition or something? All that I can think of is the publisher must have started offering ebooks only after they had already published the first volume (bks 1-3) but before the second volume. Apparently they never went back and corrected things.

But yes, highly annoying.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #36
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The 3rd book of Piers Anthony's Incarnations series is available on Kindle, but not 1, 2, or 4-8. I even contacted him about it and he agreed to look into it; that was over a month ago.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote