Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #646
ngorevic
ngorevic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
book key error

Ok, so I've tried ineptpdf versions 1-5, and I downgraded to ADE v1.71, and I'm still getting the book key error. I bought the ebook from lulu, and it's pdf v1.6.

One other slightly complicating problem is that based on someone's advice somewhere on here in a way earlier post, I deleted a registry key having to do with adobe. Now when I try to run the ineptkey, it comes up with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users...ineptkey.py", line 198, in main
retrieve_key(keypath)
File "C:\Users...\ineptkey.py", line 159, in retrieve_key
type = winreg.QueryValueEx(regkey, None)[0]
WindowsError: [Error 2]

The system cannot find the file specified

I had already ran it before that though, so I've been using the older adeptkey file when I'm trying to decrypt. Which is from before I downgraded ADE. Should that matter? If so, anyone know how to fix the registry?

Thanks so much for all your work on this. I bough the book quickly without reading the fine print and I was shocked to find out it wouldn't display on my kindle. I thought we were out of the stone age with this DRM nonsense. The book industry should get its act together very soon on this stuff or they're going to pay with huge piracy losses.
ngorevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #647
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngorevic View Post
Ok, so I've tried ineptpdf versions 1-5, and I downgraded to ADE v1.71, and I'm still getting the book key error. I bought the ebook from lulu, and it's pdf v1.6.

One other slightly complicating problem is that based on someone's advice somewhere on here in a way earlier post, I deleted a registry key having to do with adobe. Now when I try to run the ineptkey, it comes up with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users...ineptkey.py", line 198, in main
retrieve_key(keypath)
File "C:\Users...\ineptkey.py", line 159, in retrieve_key
type = winreg.QueryValueEx(regkey, None)[0]
WindowsError: [Error 2]

The system cannot find the file specified

I had already ran it before that though, so I've been using the older adeptkey file when I'm trying to decrypt. Which is from before I downgraded ADE. Should that matter? If so, anyone know how to fix the registry?

Thanks so much for all your work on this. I bough the book quickly without reading the fine print and I was shocked to find out it wouldn't display on my kindle. I thought we were out of the stone age with this DRM nonsense. The book industry should get its act together very soon on this stuff or they're going to pay with huge piracy losses.
If you have upgraded to 1.7.2 and it had already changed your registry keys you've got a problem. You either should have saved the old registry (so hop on your time machine ) or you have to delete the registry entries relevant to ADE and reinstall ADE 1.7.1 and activate again (if possible).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #648
leito360
leito360 began at the beginning.

Device: none
HELP ME

I downloaded an ebook from ebooks.com, i cannot remove its protection.
I did everything. First, i installed ADE 1.7.2, downloaded the ebook. Later i installed ADE1.7.1085.
I tried with the script ineptpdfv5.pyw but i get somekind of error "Error: Dict requiered: 1215"
I don't understand... later, i tried with ineptpdfv2.pyw and I get the error "error decrypting book session key", I don't understand, it's unfair, I paid for the ebook I could do everything I want with it.

Please help me, i'm tired and desperate.
leito360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #649
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leito360 View Post
HELP ME

I downloaded an ebook from ebooks.com, i cannot remove its protection.
I did everything. First, i installed ADE 1.7.2, downloaded the ebook. Later i installed ADE1.7.1085.
I tried with the script ineptpdfv5.pyw but i get somekind of error "Error: Dict requiered: 1215"
I don't understand... later, i tried with ineptpdfv2.pyw and I get the error "error decrypting book session key", I don't understand, it's unfair, I paid for the ebook I could do everything I want with it.

Please help me, i'm tired and desperate.
You have to uninstall 1.7.2 - remove registry entries, install 1.7.1 and download it with this version (not with 1.7.2) then it should work ...

Btw. stop wining about it ... delayed gratification is the best of all.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #650
leito360

Is it fine if my 1.7.1 version is 1085?

Thanks.

I tried... don't work, i'm worried.

Last edited by leito360; 02-13-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #651
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leito360 View Post
Is it fine if my 1.7.1 version is 1085?

Thanks.

I tried... don't work, i'm worried.
Try the new ineptkey v4 with the new 1.7.2 and report back[

Last edited by joblack; 02-13-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #652
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
If you have updated to 1.7.2, and the key doesn't work anymore, do this. It has worked for many people.

Quote:
Just uninstall the new version, delete the ADEPT folder in the Registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>ADEPT

Delete the My Digital Editions folder in My Documents. Reboot computer. Re-install the old version provided in the link below. Reactivate ADE.

Run the Ineptkey again to obtain the Adeptkey.der.

Then you should be good to go. I even tried the update again, and I was still able to remove DRM.

Code:
http://drop.io/a1bdxlq
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #653
leito360

I'm able to decrypt the file, but it's corrupted, which version of the script should I use?
Can someone send me that version by PM?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #654
leito360

THANKS EVERYONE
I tried with version 5 the one who decrypts entire directories and it worked!!!

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #655
ngorevic
ngorevic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks!

Amazing! I can now read the book I paid for on my kindle. Thanks for the help! I can't believe how amazing it is that I now have access to my own content. Thanks for nothing adobe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewball View Post
If you have updated to 1.7.2, and the key doesn't work anymore, do this. It has worked for many people.
ngorevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #656
joblack
Wizard

ineptpdf and aineptpdf update

• Ineptpdf, version 6
  • aineptpdf version 6.2
with adeptkey4.der and 1.7.2 support

Last edited by joblack; 02-16-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #657
brainysmurf
brainysmurf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have inept working with my library with Digital Editions under Mac OS X Snow Leopard, thank you for your efforts. Some of the files seem to have an extra layer of compression on them; after successfully decrypting them they can't be opened with Preview, or some of them can be opened but are garbled. Any thoughts on what might be going on?
brainysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #658
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
  • Ineptpdf, version 6
  • aineptpdf version 6.2
with adeptkey4.der and 1.7.2 support
Question... which is better... the tools using adpetkey.der or the tools using adeptkey4.der?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #659
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Question... which is better... the tools using adpetkey.der or the tools using adeptkey4.der?
If ineptkey 4.3 works for all win versions (and it looks that way) adeptkey.der ist better (the scripts are also compatible to the mac ineptkey). The adeptkey4.der tools are trying all available keys so they are more error prone (if adobe changes the scheme again).

I recommend: Go with the newest (adeptkey.der) scripts and if they doesn't work for you report and fall back to the 'old ones'.

Last edited by joblack; 02-18-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #660
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainysmurf View Post
I have inept working with my library with Digital Editions under Mac OS X Snow Leopard, thank you for your efforts. Some of the files seem to have an extra layer of compression on them; after successfully decrypting them they can't be opened with Preview, or some of them can be opened but are garbled. Any thoughts on what might be going on?
The script has problems with a pdf 1.5+ feature (xrefstreamdirectores) - the problem is known and would like to be fixed (but no pdf format expert has volunteered to share his/her wisdom yet).