Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Slightly boldening a font using FontCreator

Hi

Happy Christmas.

I would like to do to Linux Libertine otf what JSWolf did to Charis Sil (at least for Regular and Italic fonts). I would of course publish my work since these fonts are in the public domain.

Following previous information I've got on MR, I now have the latest "pro" version of FontCreator (7.5). I had failed previously to do it using FontForge (too many mistakes, leading to a bloated and unusable file).

I just intend to perform a very basic transformation of all the glyphs: just bolden them a litlle bit. I did not find the "auto-bolden" feature alluded by JSWolf, but selecting all glyphs, with Tools, I just chose Glyph Transformer, then Effects and added some Bold. I just saved like a FCP (FontCreator project).

To my surprise, from the initial ttf font of 320k size, the file decreased to a 170k size. But my main problem is that I did not succeed to export the font as I consistently was reminded that I "failed to comply OpenType Layout Features".

Would some expert consider telling me how to manage to export from a fcp file to a ttf or otf one?

answer: use "default script" and all is well...

Last edited by roger64; 12-26-2013 at 03:56 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote