Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
iliad v2 normal battery life indication?

question 1: does the iLiad require a few recharging cycles before the batteries are functioning at full efficiency?

question 2: does anyone have a clue how long it should last given that i mostly use my iliad to read a paper once a day (Meaning i will have my stylus out, but generally not near the tablet while i'm reading), and lightly annotating while reading books, usually in portrait but sometimes in landscape mode. i also tend to take fairly long pauses between pageflips, or read something, then type stuff out that comes to mind while reading (thus effectively idling)
i get about 8-9 hours atm doing this, and i thought the v2 should've been better than that?

Last edited by zerospinboson; 04-12-2008 at 04:42 PM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
It depends on useage. Take a look at this info from iRex about the battery.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
-RenE-
-RenE- began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
I am getting about 15 hours with stylus out, little reading and making annotations now and then.
-RenE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
question 1: does the iLiad require a few recharging cycles before the batteries are functioning at full efficiency?
That's my understanding. iRex has said on their forum that it takes a couple cycles before you will see the full efficiency.

Quote:
question 2: does anyone have a clue how long it should last given that i mostly use my iliad to read a paper once a day (Meaning i will have my stylus out, but generally not near the tablet while i'm reading), and lightly annotating while reading books, usually in portrait but sometimes in landscape mode. i also tend to take fairly long pauses between pageflips, or read something, then type stuff out that comes to mind while reading (thus effectively idling)
i get about 8-9 hours atm doing this, and i thought the v2 should've been better than that?
Just having the pen out (not even writing with it) will cause increased battery drain. There's a layer of the screen for the pen usage which is activated when you remove the pen, and then deactivated when the pen is back in the holder. I know that just reading (pen in the holder, not using memory cards) should give you around 15 hours with the v2.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
If you are using an USB stick it loses much faster (my USB stick has a little led light on).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert