Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
You can try buying a used one, or go for a non-lighted version.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainalkar View Post
Then it is fine if I can do it in another program painlessly.

- I am not, however, I do want the reader to be good for reading. For instance, on a video review I saw that Nook has a lot of empty space between paragraphs.
That depends on the formatting of the book. The Nook doesn't add space between paragraphs even when not using the publisher default option, though it does have the option like other e-readers of choosing line spacing.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
rainalkar
rainalkar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
But it doesn't read epubs and many other formats.

I suggest PocketBook 623 Touch Lux.
More expensive, but has a front-lit HD screen (like paperwhite) and supports LOTS of formats and configuration options.
Way too expensive. I would buy Paperwhite instead in that price range.

So, what do we have until now that fits? You proposed:

- Nook
- Tolino
rainalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainalkar View Post
Way too expensive. I would buy Paperwhite instead in that price range.

So, what do we have until now that fits? You proposed:

- Nook
- Tolino
imcoG6TWl

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224348
http://www.imcosys.com/ebook-reader.html

There is also thread about e-readers at croatian forum.hr.

If you decide to go for Nook ST Glowlight then you should read the last dozen of pages there about its rooting and ordering, or if you prefer Kindle, about installation of Kindlepdfviewer, Duokan or 3rd party apps for epub here on mobileread.

http://www.forum.hr/showthread.php?t=478120&page=219

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209276

Last edited by markom; 10-10-2013 at 05:23 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote