Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
mohsy
mohsy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Textbook conversion issues

I just converted an anatomy kindle book to pdf. For some reason the conversion ended up creating 2 pages for each page. The book is an atlas, so the pages just have a title and then a picture. The conversion resulted in one page with just the title and then a second page of just the picture.

Anyone know what settings I need to tweak to get them onto one page?

Thanks in advance.
mohsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no settings. If the picture size is larger than the page size, the picture will be placed on its own page to maximize available space for the picture.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Kovid,

Would he be able to use --custom-size or --paper-size command line options to ebook-convert for pdf output to try and grow the output page so that it is big enough, or is that not what those are for?

I have a similar problem and thought about trying these out to see if they helped.

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
mohsy
mohsy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Ill try tweaking some things and see if it works. I also just noticed that the last 1/4 of the textbook is completely blank w/ titles but no pictures . I have a feeling this has to do with the error message I got at 67% ---"The script on this page appears to have a problem." It asked whether I wanted to continue and I said yes.

--any idea on how to fix this?
mohsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@KevinH: You could increase the page size a lot and eventually its bound to fit.

@mohsy: That error indicates there is too much stuff in the book. I suggest converting it to epub, splitting the single long html file into several smaller ones and then converting that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert