Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Touch screen and arrow keys stopped working

I can't turn pages. I can turn it on and off, and use the bottom part of the screen, where the icons poke up. But no page turning via either swipe or arrow pads.

Not being able to turn pages makes an e-book reader less useful.

Suggestions?
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
I can't turn pages. I can turn it on and off, and use the bottom part of the screen, where the icons poke up. But no page turning via either swipe or arrow pads.

Suggestions?
Reboot the Nook (press down the power button for around 7 seconds).

Clean the sides of the screen. Dust around the borders of the screen prevents the infrared beams from working correctly.

Update to firmaware 1.1.2.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
H1l4ry
H1l4ry began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook PRS600
I have same problem on a 650 touch screen not working at all. Bit concerned about updating firmware as 1.1.2 seems to be for the PRS 505?
H1l4ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1l4ry View Post
I have same problem on a 650 touch screen not working at all. Bit concerned about updating firmware as 1.1.2 seems to be for the PRS 505?
Your are in the Nook forum
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post

Suggestions?
I had this frequently happening on my first nook touch (including an intermittent problem where the buttons would virtually 'stick' making the device turn pages at maximum speed until I hit the button again). I would have to power cycle to get the touch screen working again, sometimes, also.

I finally took it in under warranty and got a new refurb at the store. 100% problem free since (I only rebooted it when it was out of power).
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Hard reset nook
Hold Power/forward/home key at same time for 2 minutes

Hard reset was the only thing that worked for me.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote