Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Rimsky
MultiDisciplinairHobbyist
Rimsky began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, PDA
Question Converting from RTF to MOBI drops graphics

Hi,
As an avid SF reader, I've started to reread the Perry Rhodan Series.
A lot of them are improperly formatted using paragraph breaks, were the original device created a new line.
I'm getting quite good at removing all this, but there's one thing I can't get to work: Graphics.
The RTF file has graphics (mostly black and white), but the resulting MOBI file lacks them.
I've been reading up on this in the forums, but can't seem to find a solution.
Any help/insights?

I've attached a rar of the rtf file and the resulting Mobi file.
Please feel free to point me in the right direction.
Cees Cappelle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	59625  
Attached Files
File Type: mobi De planeet van de stervende zon - Kurt Mahr.mobi (260.8 KB, 273 views)
File Type: rar De planeet van de stervende zon - Kurt Mahr.rar (1.31 MB, 451 views)
Rimsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That file has WMF images, these can cause problems, I would suggest using something like word or openoffice to save the rtf as html and then convert the html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Rimsky
MultiDisciplinairHobbyist
Rimsky began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, PDA
Great, I'll try that.

Thank you.
Rimsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
graphics, mobi, rtf