Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #76
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
But the MR epubs are usually better formatted

I haven't tried to download directly from MR myself. but I have a couple videos I will edit today showing downloading from a couple different sources. Gutenberg and another site.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #77
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
But the MR epubs are usually better formatted

I haven't tried to download directly from MR myself. but I have a couple videos I will edit today showing downloading from a couple different sources. Gutenberg and another site.
Great. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

The use case for me is that I am on the road weekly and, in addition to all the papers I have to print to read, I also try to get through a book and a half every week. As you can imagine, my briefcase gets pretty heavy. What I would like to do is load all those PDFs I print as well as my books and therefore save my back as I trudge across various airports.

The wireless and touchscreen would allow me to get new books and add notes to my documents so I don't have to print them.

My next question is that, since I plan on buying books from kobobooks.com, can I also input credit card infor to buy from them or any other store. There is no keyboard on the unit that I can see.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #78
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
One more question: is DOC, other MS Office or ODT support expected any time soon with this device?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #79
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
One more question: is DOC, other MS Office or ODT support expected any time soon with this device?
After last firmware release I heard that "DOC and another formats" support will be added in next firmware.
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #80
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
Charlie, thanks for your response. I am still trying to decide if I am getting a Boox or waiting for the Alex. I am leaning towards the Alex.
robslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 AM   #81
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60

luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #82
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
<snip>

Would have looked better with a black cover!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #83
luag
Zealot

It wasn't available when I bought the boox

I guess I'll buy the black cover later when this one gets dirty
Old 01-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #84
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
It wasn't available when I bought the boox

I guess I'll buy the black cover later when this one gets dirty
Why, it'll already be black!

(some shoe polish!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #85
luag
Zealot

Nice advice
Old 01-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #86
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Why, it'll already be black!

(some shoe polish!)
Heheh
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #87
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Actually, I've had good luck using leather dye on dance shoes. My daughter's dance troupe purposely used tan shoes for a fall performance and then the parent's dyed the jazz shoes black for a holiday performance and *then* spray painted the jazz shoes white. The white spray paint had to be frequently retouched but the black dye worked really well.

Check shoe repair establishments for good quality shoe dye.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:31 AM   #88
luag
Zealot

Just updated my firmware to 1.2.2

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the boox is now slightly more responsive and faster in general. Not so sure ^^;
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #89
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Just updated my firmware to 1.2.2

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the boox is now slightly more responsive and faster in general. Not so sure ^^;
Does it support DJVU now?
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How does someone receiving a new reader belong in news & commentary?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx